lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2019, 06:31 AM   #1
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 Club Car DS Light Kit

Hey all, I picked up a 2002 Club Car that gas headlights wired. The previous owner removed all of the assemblies because they were corroded or damaged. My question revolves around how these things came wired. Did these carts ever come with factory reducers? The headlights are tapped into a wire as shown in the picture. Looks like some sort of central wiring panel right above the FNR switch.

I ordered a complete kit and I'm curious if I should start from scratch with a new reducer and go from there or just tap into the existing connection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20190725_071743.jpg (221.1 KB, 0 views)
Leveycr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2019, 06:51 AM   #2
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 Club Car DS Light Kit

If the cart came with factory lights more than likely it has a reducer. Look along the frame rails and see if there is a small unmarked box with wires leading to and out of the box. If you find it, my guess would be it's a 16v-12v reducer. If it were me, I would start with a 48v-12v reducer so the entire battery pack is providing power to the 12 volt accessories and would stay more in balance. Also, look for small wires connected anywhere along the battery pack, this is an indication something is being powered other than the solenoid and controller.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #3
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That wire is tapped into one of the F/R micro switches, it is not a wiring panel. I would get rid of that connection and any other cobbled together wire nutted connections there might be elsewhere and start fresh with a new reducer and fuse panel to hook up your new lights.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #4
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
That wire is tapped into one of the F/R micro switches, it is not a wiring panel. I would get rid of that connection and any other cobbled together wire nutted connections there might be elsewhere and start fresh with a new reducer and fuse panel to hook up your new lights.
This is what I was figuring. I already have a 48v to 12v reducer from my last cart that i never used so I will hook this up to the new light kit and take all the old crap out. I guess I will check out a wiring diagram for the correct way to pull from all 48v.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveycr View Post
This is what I was figuring. I already have a 48v to 12v reducer from my last cart that i never used so I will hook this up to the new light kit and take all the old crap out. I guess I will check out a wiring diagram for the correct way to pull from all 48v.
Does your 48v-12v reducer have four or five wires?
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #6
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
Does your 48v-12v reducer have four or five wires?
It's the one in the attached photo. Four wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190725-174037.jpg (8.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car