lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2019, 08:47 AM   #1
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2013 ezgo txt 48v F and R switch.

Hey gang. I have a 2013 ezgo txt 48v cart. I'm replacing the F&R switch(rocker on the dash) with an F&R switch from a newer cart (F&R rocker that mounts behind the knee). I'm looking at this diagram and was wondering if someone can sorta break it down and walk me through exactly what I need to do. I'm leaving the stock rocker switch and wiring in the dash for now so I'll basically be cutting the wire to the stock switch and running new wire from the new rocker (behind the knee) to where ever it goes. Thanks so much for the help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2013 ezgo txt 48v F&R switch.

Center pin of your switch will tap into the wire going to pin 9, red/lt blue, pin 16 orange will go to the reverse pin and pin 8 green will go to forward.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Center pin of your switch will tap into the wire going to pin 9, red/lt blue, pin 16 orange will go to the reverse pin and pin 8 green will go to forward.
Thank you, that's what I was thinking but needed reassurance.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:23 PM   #4
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Well I hooked up my new F and R switch according to the details above... And it didn't work. I tapped in to the red wire from pin 9,I tapped the F side of the switch to the wire from pin 8 green wire and the R side of the switch to pin 16 orange wire but it didn't work. Any suggestions?
The only thing that was different was my number 9 pin was a red wire, not red/blue.
One other thing. I actually cut each wire and connected my switch wires. Should I have "tapped" into each one leaving the stock F and R switch in the loop?

Old 08-28-2019, 06:06 PM   #5
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 ezgo txt 48v F and R switch.

Where's all my heavy hitters?

Old 08-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #6
Sideways
Gone Wild

They should be along shortly but I have to ask if you are sure the F&R switch you are installing is good?
I am assuming it is used since you stated it is out of a newer cart.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:50 PM   #7
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
They should be along shortly but I have to ask if you are sure the F&R switch you are installing is good?

I am assuming it is used since you stated it is out of a newer cart.
Thanks, no the switch is new so I'm "assuming" that it's good. It's an F and R switch that's used in newer TXTs. Newer than mine anyway and mine is 2013. I bought it and the mount from the same place that I got my cart from. All of the newer "refurbished" carts in their showroom has this switch. My 2013 has a vertical mounted switch on the dash but this one is a horizontal mounted switch that is on a mount on the panel just below the knee.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:57 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Do you have battery pack voltage on the center (common) terminal of the new switch when the Run/Tow is in Run?

IF not, find a way to get it there.

The old switch needs to be disconnected (wire cut or whatever) , else you could tell the controller to go F and R at the same time and it might not like that much.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #9
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Do you have battery pack voltage on the center (common) terminal of the new switch when the Run/Tow is in Run?

IF not, find a way to get it there.

The old switch needs to be disconnected (wire cut or whatever) , else you could tell the controller to go F and R at the same time and it might not like that much.
Thanks, I do have the old switch out of the loop. I haven't checked any voltage, I ran out of time and had to leave it alone. This is my first cart and I don't have the experience to check wiring voltage and connect the switch according to what I find lol.
Kgsc stated that the wire going to pin 9 would be red/blue, but the wire from pin 9 on my cart is solid red.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:37 PM   #10
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's the switch I'm trying to install.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO