lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
tlfinn
Getting Wild

Default 2001 TXT controller suggestions

Im pretty sure my controller is shot so Im in the market for a new one... This cart is on the farm ridden by kids all the time. I dont have much money to spend on this to be honest (me and my wife are teachers and have 3 kids) ...so any suggestions to be my best buy on a controller would be very much appreciated. Its a 36 V series TXT . thanks
tlfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2019, 03:23 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 TXT controller suggestions

An Alltrax SR48400 is a superb upgrade for a series drive cart.

However, if you are only "pretty sure" the controller is bad, it might be a good idea to make sure it is bad before replacing it.

What is the 2001 TXT series drive cart doing or not doing?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
Gigaquad
Not Yet Wild

Be happy you're teachers. At least you have a job, right?

But on the upside you've got a cart that's not too complicated. What kind of controller do you have now?
Let's get it troubleshooted and we'll see.

If worst comes to worst, I've got a controller that I just replaced that I didn't need to (I didn't know what to check at the time). I'll let it go for less than Ebay.
Gigaquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:42 AM   #4
EvilSpirit1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
An Alltrax SR48400 is a superb upgrade for a series drive cart.

However, if you are only "pretty sure" the controller is bad, it might be a good idea to make sure it is bad before replacing it.

What is the 2001 TXT series drive cart doing or not doing?
Pretty sure this is the same cart that got submerged in the submarine post. After a lot of troubleshooting suggestions, he also asked for controller recommendations at the end of that post.
EvilSpirit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:13 AM   #5
tlfinn
Getting Wild

My son sunk the cart in the pond..I replaced the solenoid...it ran for a few days after that...then it just stopped...didnt go in forward or reverse...solenoid is still clicking with 36 V on both large posts (key on FR in F) Just wont go.....I tested the motor and its fine.

The controller I have now is 25864G05 Curtis PMC
Old 09-22-2019, 08:11 AM   #6
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

All depends on what you want your cart to be... You can get a stock controller on eBay or amazon for @ $300...But if you’re thinking about upgrading for more torque or speed or both... That $300 will go a long way toward an aftermarket upgrade which would cost @$450-$500 + shipping with a heavy duty solenoid and last longer AND come with a 2 year warranty

I bought a stock controller for my cart... knocked the hell out of a $400 bill... I had problems with that brand new controller as all brand new controllers don’t come defect free...

These guys had advised me that it was probably a good time to upgrade to a more dependable controller that would give me considerably better performance but in the interest of saving a couple bucks... I went the stock route...

After having trouble with that controller, I sent it back and wrestled with those people for a month... luckily, I was eventually able to get a refund..

In the meantime... I had bought an Alltrax controller with a 200amp solenoid from ScottyB at Carts Unlimited and was up and running faster and stronger and I didn’t have to worry about the fragile nature of the stock controller

I almost doubled my cost by trying to save a couple bucks... I was lucky...

You may not want more speed given the nature of your hellion kids but ScottyB can preprogram your controller to suit your needs... But I really like having the extra speed and power and with these controllers... you can reprogram them later for different options

They’re a little bit of a challenge because they don’t install exactly like the stock controllers and it deletes the environmental cover but for me... it was definitely worth it

My other cart is stock and functions perfectly but I can’t hardly stand to drive it after having driven my cart with the Alltrax for a couple weeks
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:19 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax SR48300 is the replacement control for this cart. It has a peak output of 350 amps vs 275 stock and it is waterproof which should help
I see it for sale as low as $395 with the Fuse and solenoid mount needed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:18 PM   #8
tlfinn
Getting Wild

So the Alltrax SR48300 is sounding like my best bet for the money...is there anything else that needed to be upgraded along with this? Wiring?
How about mounting brackets?
Scotty B is this something you carry in stock?
Old 09-22-2019, 08:09 PM   #9
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ScottyB has everything you need... basically a controller and HD solenoid in a package deal...the necessary mounting brackets come with it and you should upgrade your cables if you don’t already have 2awg so you can have hassle free performance for years to come
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO