lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #21
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New batteries already dying fast?

Saw that... was just checking the schematic
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The better pictures of the fuse, shows it to be intact, so the capacitor being bad jumps to the top of the likely suspect list.

The PW-II is a ferroresonant transformer type charger and a capacitor is connected to the boost winding to raise the output across the secondary windings from about 60VAC to about 90VAC for 36V chargers. The secondary windings are tied together to form a center tapped secondary and about 45VAC is applied to each of the two diodes to from a full wave rectifier.

Of course, the actual output (DC) voltage is the on-charge voltage of the battery pack it is connected to and at output voltages below about 41V, the core of the transformer saturates and the amps flow is limited to about 20A or so. As the output voltage climbs above about 41V, the transformer core saturates sooner and sooner on the sine waves and the output amps decrease.

Attached is how to check the transformer and capacitor.
Note: Depending on the chargers series number, the capacitor will be either a 3µfd or a 4µfd 660VAC capacitor. The service manual I posted earlier lists what value for what series number in the parts list.

You might find a motor-run capacitor with those values locally. Be sure it is a motor-run type rather than a motor-start type.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Transformer-Capacitor test - Text-1.jpg (367.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Transformer-Capacitor test.JPG (66.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #23
Canady33
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys for your help I would of ended up waisting money on a whole charger and might not of need one! You guys sound like rocket scientist lol. I contacted my golf cart repair shop and they have a capacitor in stock I just have to pick it up in the next day or so. I'll get it installed and let you guys know how it goes! Thanks a million you all!
Canady33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO