lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2019, 07:52 AM   #1
johnnymoore2010
Not Yet Wild

Default Altrax help!

I have an 03 Ezgo pds 36v cart that I'm upgrading with an Alltrax 400 amp controller and a d&d motor and heavy duty solenoid. I'm having trouble finding the the correct location for the red/blue/yellow wires on the solenoid, (pic for reference). Also the install instructions say to NOT connect the speed sensor on the back of the motor,( which is a different type of sensor than oem) and to tape the leads up. Does this setup not require the speed sensor? Anyone with experience with this, your advice would greatly be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
johnnymoore2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2019, 07:54 AM   #2
johnnymoore2010
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Altrax help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymoore2010 View Post
I have an 03 Ezgo pds 36v cart that I'm upgrading with an Alltrax 400 amp controller and a d&d motor and heavy duty solenoid. I'm having trouble finding the the correct location for the red/blue/yellow wires on the solenoid, (pic for reference). Also the install instructions say to NOT connect the speed sensor on the back of the motor,( which is a different type of sensor than oem) and to tape the leads up. Does this setup not require the speed sensor? Anyone with experience with this, your advice would greatly be appreciated.

Pic of the wires

Old 11-02-2019, 08:57 AM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is that from scottyb? Which install sheet are you following?

I’m far from an expert, but the Alltrax pds diagram I have shows the red wire going to the large + post, yellow to small + and blue to small -. Is your solenoid polarity specific?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Not mine but - The Solenoid will have a longer useful life if you mount it upright.

Make sure your controller has the D&D map loaded. Not sure why you cannot connect the speed sensor to the XCT but, you can run with or without the rpm signal so long as the appropriate box is checked or unchecked in the basic program.

If PDS not using the speed sensor information diminishes the XCT experience like no regen braking or multiple driving modes or FN device use. It also does not protect the motor from over revving - so there is danger of motor damage when flying down a hill.

Do you have the operators manual? The solenoid wiring for + and - is shown by color. And the solenoid spade terminals are marked in + and - too.

The yellow and red wires are +
The black and blue wires are -

Remove the solenoid precharge resistor for the PDS cart. It will not run with it in place.
Install a suppression diode on the 2 small terminals per the install diagram
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #5
johnnymoore2010
Not Yet Wild

Old 11-02-2019, 01:02 PM   #6
johnnymoore2010
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I've got it all connected but the solenoid isn't clicking. The light on the controller is on until the throttle is pressed and then it goes out.

Old 11-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #7
johnnymoore2010
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Not mine but - The Solenoid will have a longer useful life if you mount it upright.

Make sure your controller has the D&D map loaded. Not sure why you cannot connect the speed sensor to the XCT but, you can run with or without the rpm signal so long as the appropriate box is checked or unchecked in the basic program.

If PDS not using the speed sensor information diminishes the XCT experience like no regen braking or multiple driving modes or FN device use. It also does not protect the motor from over revving - so there is danger of motor damage when flying down a hill.

Do you have the operators manual? The solenoid wiring for + and - is shown by color. And the solenoid spade terminals are marked in + and - too.

The yellow and red wires are +
The black and blue wires are -

Remove the solenoid precharge resistor for the PDS cart. It will not run with it in place.
Install a suppression diode on the 2 small terminals per the install diagram
Ok so I've got it all connected but the solenoid isn't clicking. The light on the controller is on until the throttle is pressed and then it goes out. Also I'm not seeing the +/- markings on the spade connectors.

Old 11-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay I see - At first sight I thought this was the same solenoid we sell with magnetic blow outs but it is not. So - you can choose which ever terminals you want to be + or -. Just remember the top ones are connected to each other as are the bottom ones. Make sense?
Are you following the install with the operator manual wire diagram - If not you are overlooking the best installation resource. Pay close attention to the small solenoid wires on the diagram.

You can also see me install this controller (& a very similar solenoid) on a PDS cart here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...s-upgrade.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO