lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2019, 07:18 AM   #1
txscottyr
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear Axle Replacement?

I am overhauling my cart and wanted to get some opinions on replacing the rear axle and drive system. When I removed the motor I noticed that the input shaft has heavy wear on the splines. Has anyone replaced just the input shaft before?..I havent yet torn down the rest of the axle, but i am guessing that the other areas and gears might be worn as well.

Thoughts?
txscottyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2019, 08:17 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Rear Axle Replacement?

Changing the input shaft is pretty much removing a split ring and pull
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:02 PM   #3
Zincode
Getting Wild

When I replaced the input shaft that was worn the motor output was also worn. I had to replace the motor too. Make sure to check output on motor shaft for excessive wearing. I purchased my input shaft off Amazon with next day delivery. It was a ez-go part too. Not a aftermarket. Best price too....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Zincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:47 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The motor coupler can be changed as well, but it is easiest done if you have a shop press. It's not absolutely necessary to replace the whole motor if the coupler is worn. Replacing the input shaft itself is generally easy to do (but it can sometimes be a little stubborn to slide out).

I looked, and it seems people just weld a lug nut to the end of the coupler then use a bolt.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:09 PM   #5
Zincode
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The motor coupler can be changed as well, but it is easiest done if you have a shop press. It's not absolutely necessary to replace the whole motor if the coupler is worn. Replacing the input shaft itself is generally easy to do (but it can sometimes be a little stubborn to slide out).
Thank you. I still have the motor, it is a A.M.&D. Motor and I like that motor over the GE. (More powerful) Now that I look at the coupler I see that it's a separate piece, my only concern is getting it off the armature. Again thank you for the info...

Old 11-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You weld a piece of thick flat stock with a nut welded to it onto the end of the coupler, then use a bolt to press it off. There are threads on here about how to do it.

I looked, and it seems people just weld a lug nut to the end of the coupler, then use a bolt to extract it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:59 PM   #7
Zincode
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You weld a piece of thick flat stock with a nut welded to it onto the end of the coupler, then use a bolt to press it off. There are threads on here about how to do it.

I looked, and it seems people just weld a lug nut to the end of the coupler, then use a bolt to extract it.
Awsome. I was thinking that way my self. I stick mig and tig myself.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO