lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
lordj37@icloud.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage & Possible Controller Issue with PDS Cart

New member so go easy on me...
Just bought a 2000 PDS that I’m having issues with. First, it will not go forward at all. Does go in reverse intermittently but that it’s. Additionally, and more troubling, I’m getting a voltage reading of between 15-17 volts just about all over the cart, even from the rubber floor mat. Stumbled across this by accident when we noticed voltage meter reading volts when negative was hooked up to pack negative and positive on volt meter was hanging over onto the floor. Just about every piece of metal I touch positive on volt meter to gives me a reading.

At this point a buddy and I have tried out his F&R switch, solenoid, and PDS controller, and reversed the white/black wires on the controller which caused the same problem in reverse (with wheels now spinning forward). No error codes from the controller unfortunately.

Thoughts? Bad controller? What’s up with the voltage issue??

Thanks in advance!!
Jim
lordj37@icloud.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2019, 06:44 AM   #2
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage & Possible Controller Issue with PDS Cart

Welcome my Lord. Don't be nervous about tough love here. It is a good place.

I can not help you, but I can tell you that golf cards are a learning opportunity. With research, questions and help from members, time sweat and effort, you will get there.

Good luck, and welcome.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does the cart have a 12v battery or reducer to provide 12v to accessories? If you have an accessory power source and they combined the negatives and then connected the negative to the frame that could cause your ghost voltage. It would be bad if they did that, a golf cart frame should not be connected to the battery at all.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:30 PM   #4
lordj37@icloud.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Does the cart have a 12v battery or reducer to provide 12v to accessories? If you have an accessory power source and they combined the negatives and then connected the negative to the frame that could cause your ghost voltage. It would be bad if they did that, a golf cart frame should not be connected to the battery at all.
Thanks for the thought. I’ll take a look but haven’t come across a reducer yet. There were lights installed on it by the prior owner. Still have to chase down some wires. There’s also a thought the lights installed are “automotive” lights and they somehow and for some reason grounded the wiring for the lights to the cart.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:45 PM   #5
lordj37@icloud.com
Not Yet Wild

Update.....the cart, including battery trays and connections, were pretty wet when we first started working on it. Since it’s dried out the voltage issues I was having is now pretty much nonexistent.

Cart still won’t move and I think we’ve narrowed it down to a bad controller. In addition to it not moving the solenoid clicks ever time you switch the F&R switch, NOT when you depress the accelerator as it should. Here’s to hoping the controller swap will get this cart going!!

Tags
controller, pds, voltage
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO