lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy Buggie Restore/ Parts

I have an EZGO TXT that I was in the process of restoring an old TXT that I bought cheap. Upon taking the body off I discovered that the frame was badly rusted. I was going to weld new metal in the bad spots, but instead I was given a Bad Boy Buggie cart by my brother, who doesnt want to fix it. I believe this is a BBB Classic. The Bad Boy Buggie, has a sheared off rear driver's side wheel. The axle spindle is broken in the axle. I believe I can get it out by pushing on the other side of the axle in the transfer case. When I took the rear wheels off, I noticed the brakes are very rusted and the shoes need to be replaced. However, everytime I look up BBB brakes, drum brakes are listed, but this cart has disk brakes. I know finding parts for the BBB are difficult but I was told most of the TXT parts are the same. Does anyone have info on what brakes I need? I also need new CV joints and steering linkages from what I can see so far. Thanks for any help ya'll can give me.
NOLA26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #2
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggie Restore/ Parts

I just fixed my BBB classic rear axle. I had to replace the axle, hub, nut and bearing. I got an ezgo hub and the rest from Breland in La. I don't know about the rest of the parts. Some might be ezgo. You might ask Breland, at Brelandbuggies.com
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:17 PM   #3
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

I had to weld a nut on the end of the axle in order to get the slide hammer on. Once that was done, the axle came right out. I took the axle out of my other TXT and they matched! The bearings on the TXT axle were good so I greased them up and installed the TXT axle in the BBB. I then cleaned the differential pan and put a new bead of gasket maker and put the pan back on finger tight. Once the gasket cures, Ill refill the gear oil. Next is trying to find parts for the disk brake system. All I can find are new disk brake systems, no parts for existing systems. All I need are shoes, I can probably clean up all the other stuff and get them working again. Next step is cleaning all the caked on mud from underneath every part of the BBB. I don't know what can get wet and what cant so cleaning is gonna be tricky.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:11 PM   #4
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

So I have decided the rear brakes are pretty much shot. Tons of rust has them frozen and the pads are worn down. Instead of fighting it and trying to clean all the rust, getting the brakes moving and unsticking the cable, its probably best that I just get a new system. Does anyone know if the EZGO disk brake system will work on the BBB? I also think this might be a BBB Ambush. From googling the models, It seems that the Ambush model came with the rear disk brakes that this cart has.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:24 PM   #5
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

I ordered a replacement rear disk brake kit. This kit seems to be close to whats on the cart now. I also ordered new brake cables. Hopefully the new brakes install with no problems. I am also contemplating taking all the batteries out and removing the body to try and check and get rid of some surface rust I see on the frame. Not sure if its worth it but I really want to clean the cart and get rid of all the caked on mud that seems to be everywhere. I know if I start down this road, it will probably never end. But I know I will not be satisfied knowing the cart is a huge mess underneath. On a different note,
does anyone know the size of the lift that is on a BBB? I don't see a lift kit installed but I know they are higher than a standard EZGO. I want to eventually change the rims and put street/ turf tires on it for a smoother ride. Thanks for the help so far.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:25 PM   #6
TonicThrower
Not Yet Wild

You should post pictures so you can turn this into a build thread.
TonicThrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #7
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

I did take some pics along the way. Ill post them later on today. Rear disk brake kit installed without any problems and man let me tell you the stopping power of the disk brakes is so much better than carts with drum brakes. I found the brake system on various cart part sites ranging in price from $400 to $700, all for the same exact kit! I got the kit on Amazon for $250. Kit came with new hubs and rotors too. I also replaced the brake cables so I'm sure that helps the braking as well. I test drove it the other day and it wouldn't go as fast as I thought it should, maybe about 10 mph. I started to smell something burning, like plastic. I got home and opened the battery compartment and found one battery very hot and the battery cable was lose on the terminal. I tried to tighten it down but the terminal just kept spinning. The plastic around the terminal appeared to have melted. I know the terminal was tight before I drove it, so I'm not sure what happened. I am just gonna replace that battery and see if the cart performs better.

I need to replace one headlight. Does anyone know of a LED headlight kit that would fit on a BBB? Also, I want to replace the wheels and tires. Since this cart is going to be for use on paved roads, I do not want the knobby, high wall tires. I am looking for a smoother ride. The cart has 10" wheels now. I want to upgrade the wheels and get lower profile street tires. Anyone know the maximum wheel size with a lopro tire this cart can fit? I am thinking probably a 12" wheel with lopro DOT tires. Just doing simple calculations in my head, if I increase the wheel by 2" and decrease the side wall of the tire by 2", everything should fit the same, right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO