lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2020, 11:20 AM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: rxv will not move

If you want component test procedures, download & read "rxv troubleshooting guide danaher".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2020, 11:14 AM   #22
Mduvall219
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesmd View Post
So throttle sensor and pedal switch then? Is there a way to check these before replacing?
i can tell you i had same problem with cart not moving. i took off cover to the throttle switch under the floor to test for continuity. when i put prob on one of the connections it popped off. when i put back on the cart now works. it may be a long shot, but starting there with a volt meter to see if you are getting power to and out of the throttle switch is a good start. that is about halfway point in the power schematic. if you have power there, follow to solenoid and check for power in and out.
hope this helps
Mduvall219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:42 PM   #23
cgtech

Yamaha

I guess your right on that one, unplugging & replugging every connection is a free test method. I cant say a loose plug hasn't ever been the problem... at least you may then know where they're all at.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:56 AM   #24
rhodesmd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got my insulation piercing probes today and started trying to test the switches on the cart today. When I went to test the throttle sensor voltage going into the controller the cart started working properly. I wiggled the controller connector to make sure it was connected well and the cart would run like normal. Test drove the cart for a few minutes cutting it on and off to make sure it continued to pass the startup test. While driving the cart stopped moving. I turn the switch off then right back on and it would go again. It would run fine for a few minutes then slow down then stop or just stop completely without slowing down. Cut the switch off and back on and it would go again. I tested the pack voltage and it was down to 48 volts with no load. While driving it would drop as low as 41 volts. I charged the batteries last weekend before starting all the testing and it was at 51 volts. Does this sound like bad batteries to you guys? The owner of the cart thinks they are the original batteries, but not sure. They bought it used 5 years ago so at the very least they are 5+ years old.
rhodesmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:25 PM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

Batteries dont sound happy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO