lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2020, 08:38 AM   #11
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 RXV changing from 4x12v to 6x8v

I switched my 2015 RXV from 4 to 6 batteries. I ordered the aluminum tray online and had a fabricator in town copy it out of stainless steel. You will need some extra cables but you may want to get all new cables to make sure they are all the same gauge and upgrade them if they are small cables.

I have had mine about 2 years and with Trojans and I am having issues getting them to charge fully the last couple months. I never installed battery hold downs or changed my charger settings but that could be some of my problem. Really want to get a new charger that will keep batteries charged instead of having to restart charger on the factory charger.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #12
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had long term problems with the aluminum tray route. The mount holes of the aluminum "stretched" from the weight of the batteries, to the point that the tray came to rest on the leaf spring bolts.... not good. Also, I had the bracket break at the weld point of the angled aluminum holding the batteries.
So find something other than aluminum...like fab a steel one.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-12v-6-8v.html
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:35 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
I had long term problems with the aluminum tray route. The mount holes of the aluminum "stretched" from the weight of the batteries, to the point that the tray came to rest on the leaf spring bolts.... not good. Also, I had the bracket break at the weld point of the angled aluminum holding the batteries.
So find something other than aluminum...like fab a steel one.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-12v-6-8v.html
Get a factory oem one, they dont do aluminum. Also, anyone who still believes aluminum works better in the battery environment should go look at an old clubcar DS battery tray.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:21 PM   #14
enforcerman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Get a factory oem one, they dont do aluminum. Also, anyone who still believes aluminum works better in the battery environment should go look at an old clubcar DS battery tray.
Found a steel one. They are gonna do the switch out in a few days when the part gets here. The cart was sitting outside for a few years, I hope everything works once the batteries are replaced :)
enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #15
Kishimoto1992
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I initially used an aluminum tray from ebay that lasted less than (1) golf season in my RXV.

I have since switched to the OEM tray from EZGO. The tray is heavy duty and has not shown any signs of bending in the last year.

https://www.countrycat.com/e-z-go-pa...tray-ec-pc-wld
Kishimoto1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO