lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2020, 09:04 PM   #1
Tharper1982
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo 36 txt questions

Hey new to golf carts and working on one give to us. It's a 36 volt txt with lift and tires and rear seat. When we first got it we could ride it 10 to 15 mins and it stop moving. I replaced FNR switch with one from carts unlimited and new bigger battery cables. Now we can ride cart longer about 20 mins or so and it still wants to act like batterys are dead. I checked volts and it shows 33.7 when it does this. I see where guys are getting long travel times with these carts but I get a mile or 2 and it's over with. What would I need to trouble shoot to try and resolve issue? What volts do each individual battery need to be? What if one battery is different volts than the others and how much of a difference is allowed?
Tharper1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2020, 09:25 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo 36 txt questions

33.7 is beyond "dead". Full charge should be right around 38 volts - after it settles for 12 hours. It is strongly recommend you never run the battery pack to under 50% charge - which would be just over 36 volts at rest. Batteries are probably worn out and in need of replacement.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:11 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo 36 txt questions

meimk hit the nail on the head.....your batteries are toast. here is a battery chart.

JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO