lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2020, 01:15 PM   #1
gvanevans
Not Yet Wild

Default Am I getting scammed

My 2010 RXV quit running a few months ago. I did what little I could do with no luck. I broke down and took it to a recommended shop. Got a call today and was told it was my motor, my controller and the solenoid. He said they got an E dump code and an AC short code. He said when the controller shorted out it fried the motor and that it happens all the time. Sounds kind of fishy to me. What do you more experienced people think?
gvanevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2020, 01:37 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Am I getting scammed

I think I would get a second opinion because that doesn't happen all the time.

Where do you live maybe someone here can help you out.

And I would get my cart back. The cost of those repairs would probably be more then what you paid for the cart.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Nope, dont give them that $. It probably needs a resistor control module. Also, it's easy to trigger AC overcurrent codes too, a bad encoder will do that often, all without actually having a bad controller or motor.

They are clearly just "parts replacers", not "fixers" who actually diagnose problems. The handheld isnt actually God, it just points you in the direction of what to test. There are easy tests to clear the RCM as good or bad.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:56 PM   #4
gvanevans
Not Yet Wild

Thats what I thought. Im in Ocala Fl now. Just got sent here for work from Jacksonville Fl, which is where the cart is. Im going to get it one afternoon this week
Old 04-13-2020, 04:51 AM   #5
gvanevans
Not Yet Wild

Had mobile repair shop come out in Ocala.He noticed burnt spot on controller. I accepted I would be buying new controller. Got to thinking about it and removed controller. Took it apart and found several lugs loose. Took them off and cleaned connections. Reassembled and reinstalled. Ran like brand new. I’ve had no troubles. Thanks everyone
Old 04-13-2020, 10:20 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvanevans View Post
Had mobile repair shop come out in Ocala.He noticed burnt spot on controller. I accepted I would be buying new controller. Got to thinking about it and removed controller. Took it apart and found several lugs loose. Took them off and cleaned connections. Reassembled and reinstalled. Ran like brand new. I’ve had no troubles. Thanks everyone
Wow!

I'm curious, what do you mean by 'lugs'?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #7
rib33024

Quote:
Do you have any pictures of your repair
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #8
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:

Dang, i am sorry to hear that a shop would try to take advantage of you like that or be that lazy not to look into it more. Glad to see you smart enough not to roll over. They are either crooks or dumb lazy a**’s. Glad you figured it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:47 AM   #9
Zincode
Getting Wild

I have been very lucky with shops in Tampa. One time I was thinking a controller was bad on TXT DCS; brought cart to dealer, to get second opinion, who diagnose as bad motor wire. Diagnose, repair & parts were $80. Not all dealers are crooks.

If this did turn out to be bad controller: l was going to make this my first Alltrax controller upgrade. Next time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Zincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:43 AM   #10
gvanevans
Not Yet Wild

The lugs that have the threads you bolt the cables to. You will have to open up the case and they screw down into the pcb. I removed all of them and cleaned them up. Cart still running great.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO