lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2020, 11:27 AM   #1
genoz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Squeaky Brakes driving me crazy!

I am at my wits end trying to find a way to stop these brakes from squeaking on my 2000 series txt. I have already taken them apart and cleaned and sanded down the shiny brake shoes 3 times in the last 2 months. They start squeaking again a few day later. Do brake shoes get old? these are the same shoe that came on the cart when I bought it about 8 years ago. They see to have plenty of life left when I inspect them. Any suggestions?
genoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2020, 01:14 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Squeaky Brakes driving me crazy!

I went thru this on my 2000 TXT also. Like you, I tried all the blowing, cleaning and sanding but never got them to be quiet for more than a week. The fix for me was to replace both drums and all the shoes with new. That was about 10 years ago and still quiet but (full disclosure), this cart hasn't been my primary cart for 4 years now so much reduced use.
If you go this route, shop around as prices vary a lot. Also, best as I can remember there is a front shoe and a back shoe so maybe do one side at a time and take pics, unless you are an experienced brake mechanic which I am not.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
genoz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Squeaky Brakes driving me crazy!

Thanks for the info. I actually pulled everything apart today and cleaned and sanded. it already started squeaking again while driving around the neighborhood. I already ordered shoes. If that doesn't work will order the drums.
genoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO