lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2020, 09:27 AM   #1
mellykates
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default acquired OLD golf cart - replacing almost everything!

Hi Guys! I recently had a great idea to get an old golf cart for my son and I to work on this summer as a little fun project. I have never owned a golf cart so I need some help figuring things out. It doesn't have batteries or much of anything under the seat. I do not know if the motor or solenoid is any good. I was thinking the first step is to get some batteries and some battery cables and see if anything cranks. Where is the best/most affordable to get all new batteries that will fit in the golf cart? Also would it be better to get 36V or 48V? It is a 1988 EZGO Marathon. Where is the best place to get parts for this project? I am located in Georgia.
mellykates is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: acquired OLD golf cart - replacing almost everything!

to BGW

If you want to do it right, convert it to solid state from the get go. Scottyb at Carts Unlimited (a site sponsor) sells complete kits with everything you need. See here: https://www.cartsunlimited.net/conversion-kits.html
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
DickB
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: acquired OLD golf cart - replacing almost everything!

I've been working on the same cart here in Florida.

I would put it up on jackstands and test the motor with a 12v automotive battery to start.

I have found many parts on eBay just by doing a search on the part number. Also got parts from everything carts. Download a manual from the forum to get the part numbers.
Attached Images
File Type: png motor-test.png (131.5 KB, 0 views)
DickB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1988, electric, ezgo marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO