lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2020, 04:18 PM   #1
jbryantp
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 Lynx Intermittent Accelerator pedal response

Hello all, new to the forum.

Having issues with 07 Lynx.

I've owned the cart for about 3 years, had batteries replaced when purchased.

Cart has developed multiple issues when pressing the accelerator pedal.

When it functions, cart will accelerate up to top speed then drop back to a slow crawl.

Other times it will not respond at all to pedal input, no solenoid click, no nothing.

Sometimes if you sit and hold the pedal for a few seconds (10+) it will click and move. Sometimes it will continue on until you release the pedal, sometimes it will move 5 feet and then lock down. Once you repeat the hold down pedal cycle again it might move another 5 feet or it might take off and run until pedal is released.

It seems to prefer to operate in reverse better than forward.

I took it to a friend who works on carts a few months ago after it completely stopped responding to pedal input, initially he repaired it with a used solenoid he had on hand. It seemed to function okay for a time, then began to exhibit the same behavior as before. Assuming maybe the used solenoid had gone bad, I ordered a new part and installed it. Worked for a day or so then right back to the behavior as described above.

Can someone get me pointed in the direction of starting to troubleshoot this cart? Thanks in advance!
jbryantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 07 Lynx Intermittent Accelerator pedal response

It sure sounds like you could have a failing MCOR in both the potentiometer and the microswitch.

Have you tried to jump it or test it? Could be a myriad of things, but I would start there.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #3
jbryantp
Not Yet Wild

NoleFan you have a link to what that involves? I'm sure it's been discussed before lol.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:05 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Unplug the two pin connector from the MCOR (under the floor and connected by the pedal) and jump out the connector with a paper clip or a small piece of wire. It will be a blue wire and green wire connector. If it runs with the jumper in place, your MCOR has failed. Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors

If it is not that, we can test the voltage output of the potentiometer.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #5
jbryantp
Not Yet Wild

Finally got a minute to jump the connector and that appears to be the problem! Cart goes every time now, no hesitation. Thanks for the advice, I'll get one coming.

Next question, while the connector is jumped, should the cart be at full power?

Although it moves on command, doesn't seem like the speed is what it used to be before it started having issues. Didn't know if by design without the MCOR in place it would limit the speed or if maybe there are other issues.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:42 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

No sir. No effect at all. BUT, it is a very good possibility that the potentiometer inside the MCOR is failing and you are not get the full 4.65v back to the controller to signal 100% throttle.

If you order the one I linked above, that will be a genuine MCOR and not an aftermarket Amazon/eBay clone that are often faulty right out the box. This is not an item to go cheap on. It tells your controller what to do and how to do it in regards to throttle. (MCOR - Motor Controller Output Regulator)
Old 05-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #7
jbryantp
Not Yet Wild

10-4

I'm going to get the old one off before I order to verify it hasn't been upgraded before.

In regards to speeding it up, what mods can I make?

By the serial number info I found on this site my cart is a Silver Standard Lynx 4 Passenger IQ.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:20 PM   #8
jbryantp
Not Yet Wild

I saw a sticky about DS IQ speed sensors, would that apply to my cart?

From what info I've found the Lynx is a jacked up DS with fender flares, is that correct?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car