lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 89 ds vglide question

Currently im running a logisystems 700 amp controller from 2006 and im feeling like its a little out of date.
Im looking into new controllers, and would like some input from you guys

Navitas or alltrax

Which model and why

Any help is appreciated
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2020, 06:04 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 ds vglide question

Is this a series cart? If so, go with an Alltrax SR. If it's sepex, then the XCT. Navitas is supposedly pretty good, but in my opinion it's too new to the market. Alltrax has been around for years and is very well proven.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:56 AM   #3
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Is this a series cart?

I believe it is .. it was a resistor cart that was converted 14 years ago so im guessing that means its a series correct?
Old 06-26-2020, 09:11 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cart likely has one of my conversion kits on it... we used to provide the Logisystems 700 with the kit prior to their going out of business. They were a rugged control for the most part although they were allergic to water.

Skip ahead two generations to Alltrax SR controls and you will find they are now water resistant, reverse polarity protected, and offer reduced reverse operation, and 2 separate driving modes. See the SR48600. It is a direct replacement with minimal rewire.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The cart likely has one of my conversion kits on it... we used to provide the Logisystems 700 with the kit prior to their going out of business. They were a rugged control for the most part although they were allergic to water.

Skip ahead two generations to Alltrax SR controls and you will find they are now water resistant, reverse polarity protected, and offer reduced reverse operation, and 2 separate driving modes. See the SR48600. It is a direct replacement with minimal rewire.
Good to hear! would you say that the newer alltrax would have more muscle behind it? or at least be more efficient?
Old 06-26-2020, 11:37 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallachera89 View Post
Good to hear! would you say that the newer alltrax would have more muscle behind it? or at least be more efficient?
The new 600 Alltrax will allow 680 amp max draw. The 2 and 5 minute output exceeds the old 700. But I'm not sure the average user is going to see any more muscle because most motors draw 300 or less amps and then when they do draw 300 it's only for a short time before rpms go up and amperage draw goes down. So for this cart I would hesitate to suggest upgrading for power reasons unless you have the biggest motor any one makes.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:21 PM   #7
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
So for this cart I would hesitate to suggest upgrading for power reasons unless you have the biggest motor any one makes.

I meannnnn i have a D&D 170-004-0002a that was reworked as a 2 speed, and i think it will take more power if i through it at it. and with 8 6volts i presume the amp reserve is larger correct? so it would technically be able to provide more power for longer under load right? or is my outlook on this incorrect
Old 06-26-2020, 04:55 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallachera89 View Post
I meannnnn i have a D&D 170-004-0002a that was reworked as a 2 speed, and i think it will take more power if i through it at it. and with 8 6volts i presume the amp reserve is larger correct? so it would technically be able to provide more power for longer under load right? or is my outlook on this incorrect
You are correct. I'm just trying to caution about getting your expectations real high.The 04-0002 motor is not a powerhouse. It is good you had it reworked as a 2 spd but at the end of the day it still what, 5-6 hp?
You are correct the Alltrax will give you longer higher peak output than the logisystems. It can't hurt but, I'm not sure you will see a big enough difference to justify the change.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:44 AM   #9
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
You are correct. I'm just trying to caution about getting your expectations real high.The 04-0002 motor is not a powerhouse. It is good you had it reworked as a 2 spd but at the end of the day it still what, 5-6 hp?
Before it was rebuilt it said it was a 10.2HP motor .. i wouldnt think it would back track after a rebuild would it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car