lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2020, 07:01 AM   #1
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent seat has me baffled!!

When i bought my cart someone had replaced the front seat back on my Precedent and rigged a ez-go back on there. I bought a Precedent seat back to make my cart right again but can't figure out how it mounts. I have determined that my cart has a older Madjax or GTW (I think it was the same) rear seat kit on it, but I do not understand how the front seat back attaches to the bracket. I watched the old Madjax install video but they don't show it either. Can someone help me out here.

I have attached I picture from the Madjax install video showing the bracket just like mine.

Can some show me what I'm missing??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (37.3 KB, 0 views)
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2020, 07:46 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent seat has me baffled!!

That bracket in the video does not match the old Madjax Precedent rear seat kit I have.

It is supposed to have a small "hook" on the bottom of the bracket where the front seat back rests against:
https://www.nivelparts.com/support/m...&view=FitH,500
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That bracket in the video does not match the old Madjax Precedent rear seat kit I have.

It is supposed to have a small "hook" on the bottom of the bracket where the front seat back rests against:
https://www.nivelparts.com/support/m...&view=FitH,500
That is kind of what i thought too. Mine doesn't though. It just has 2 holes drilled towards the bottom of both brackets like the ones in my picture. I've emailed Nivel to see if the will just sell me the 2 brackets.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:11 AM   #4
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Successful attachment of seat. Not sure if this is how they were designed to work but it works for me. The top angled portion of the bracket was cut off of mine so I had to weld a new piece of steel back on there at the right angle and drill a hole. In order for the bottom to attach i had to use a 3/4" spacer and place a course thread screw in the hole already in the back of seat. Nice to have to correct seat on my cart now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200629_084632[1].jpg (148.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200629_084618[1].jpg (161.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200629_084228[1].jpg (177.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car