lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default TPS to MCOR Conversion Confusion

My first post but have been lurking here for several years. I have read the excellent sticky about MCOR conversions as well as searching previous posts and still am not sure what I need for my situation.

I have a 2009 CC Precedent, IQ, 48v, Pedal Group 2, that still has, what I assume, is the infamous throttle position sensor. I have attached 2 photos of the "TPS". It has a 6-pin connector. I searched the Internet via the part number(s) and found no reference to this part.

I purchased the cart used in 2012. It has run without problems until recently when it began to jerk badly when backing up and to a lesser degree going forward. Even if the TPS is not the problem I know it needs to be upgraded.

I visited TahoeDawgZ71's Revolution website to order a kit but what I found states it will not work with a IQ system. So, what do I need to replace/convert the TPS with a MCOR?? I truly appreciate any help anyone can offer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TPS 1.jpg (180.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg TPS 2.jpg (139.4 KB, 0 views)
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2020, 06:17 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: TPS to MCOR Conversion Confusion

Call or text David at RGC, he'll tell you exactly what you need and can get it for you. 706-431-3917
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:53 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Yep. Talk to David. He'll be able to get you what you need. Just because it's not on the site doesn't mean he doesn't have it or can't get it. He's an authorized distributor for Club Car so any part Club Car sells he can get.

What's the serial number on your cart?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #4
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thank you so much for the contact info!!

Serial #PQ 0947-xxxxxx

Have you ever seen a TPS that looks like the one I have?? I could not find one photo on the Internet of this same part.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:13 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't think they sell the IQ/TPS to MCOR adapter any more (Only the Excel version is available) , but all you need to do is cut and splice some wires since all of the conversion hardware parts are the same.

As suggested talk to David and he can guide you on what is needed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:23 PM   #6
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I don't think they sell the IQ/TPS to MCOR adapter any more (Only the Excel version is available) , but all you need to do is cut and splice some wires since all of the conversion hardware parts are the same.

As suggested talk to David and he can guide you on what is needed.
Thank you very much! I think I can handle splicing wires. I'll sure give it a try. I'm a girl but pretty mechanical. I understand all the other conversions from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 MCOR and can see that the wiring is the key to success. I'll post my result in the hope it will be helpful to someone else. I can't be the only one who still has the old TSP.
I plan to call David tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:21 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The TPS was replaced with the MCOR during a Club Car recall while they were still under warranty, so probably not too many around.

You have a special case since Your 09 IQ cart was built in 2010 (according to the serial number) and that was also the transition time from IQ to Excell controllers.

While all the parts are the same, I think the issue is that the TPS to MCOR plug adapter has resistors built in (for the Excell model) that are not compatible with your IQ Controller.

I think You just need to skip the adapter from the kit (use all other parts) and just cut and splice the 5 wires from harness to the new MCOR.

By the way, your IQ controller can use a "sped magnet" which is a round magnet that goes into the end of the motor and triggers the speed sensor.

It is an inexpensive way to speed that IQ cart from 14mph to around 19-20mph.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car