lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #1
bradleyball
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default New Motor for 2018 Lifted Onward?

I have a 2018 lifted CC Onward. In April 2020, I ordered and a local dealer installed an Alltrax controller programmed for a max output of 400a. My speed increased from 19.5 to ~27. All was well.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I suddenly began hearing a clicking noise from underneath the vehicle with a loss of power. Same dealer picked up my cart and advised that the "motor is going out." Total replacement cost with an Empower high-speed motor is $1,200+.

I wrote the dealer from whom I purchased the controller, who advised to send the motor to Plum Quick for refurbishing for $250 before shelling out for a new motor. He also advised to present my situation to the community for input.

Any thoughts on best way forward? To my knowledge, I have not towed anything or otherwise subjected the cart to any abnormal loads.

Thanks,
Bradley
bradleyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Motor for 2018 Lifted Onward?

I have 2 thoughts on this. One is the clicking may be a broken brush spring which would explain the noise and performance problem. You may want to ask your dealer to replace the brush set or at least bid the job so you can compare because... $1200 for a motor swap is pretty steep imho when aftermarket motors are available for $4-600 all day long. But lets see what the community says.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, motor, onward
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car