lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
glen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Burned parts in charger

Thanks for getting back so quick. This is what I'm looking for. The site you refered me to is out of stock, but they have some on order. Going to try Radio Shack and if they don't have them I will order from the site you gave. Thanks a bunch!

Glen
glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
glen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Since we got that problem solve. Do yall know anything about lawn mower. " Just Kidding" Thanks!

glen
Old 06-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #13
gaston
Gone Wild

just suggested alliedelec because of it was the one showing exactly the picture of it but you can find that component in many other electronic places, onlinecomponents has it also, digikey as well, good luck repairing!

Nope, not a clue about mowers but who know, we can always learn!
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #14
glen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Gatson, this was very informative.The reason I haven't gotten back .I been on a fishing trip in Mississippi.
Back to business, I hope their's not any thing else wrong with the charger. I have been using it with the relay wires shorted together and its been doing okay. When the charger went out the temperature here was 110 index for several days and it was inside a tin shed out in the sun. Reckon this might have cause the problem? I know heat is not good on electronics.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #15
gaston
Gone Wild

Very cool, how was fishing? I am not into fishing too much and I live in a small beach town with lots of fisherman, they do most diving fishing... anyway now this town turned to a touristic surf spot in Mexico...
Hell yes, that's hot! 110! Yes this could damage the charger and if was working at the same time.
No problem on using the relay wires shorted only that the charger will never turn off and this could damage your batteries and you don't want that!
This is the first time I heard those varistors are burnt, but it could be just me, I take lot of care of chargers and suggest everyone that I see a charger on a harsh environment or not well ventilated to proper care of it.
Post your results to this thread will help many others.
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #16
glen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

You are right about the charger staying on all the time. I charge the batteries up for about 3 hrs before i play. Hope i don't ruin my batteries because I don't leave the charger on over night. I'm afraid this might be to much of a charge.
I will post when i get those varistors.

glen
Old 03-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
willlib
Not Yet Wild

Hi guys, anyone knows the value of D5 (DIODE) one that board, I put a diode zener and it burn all the time
thanks
willlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
willlib
Not Yet Wild

oops, sorry if D1, I think that is very expensive for that board ( $80.00) wen it can be fix for a buck or less!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
willlib
Not Yet Wild

Hi, I would like to know if someone have a picture in a close look of the board
28667-G01, I trying to figure the value of the diode D1, and the value of the resitance R1 ( they work together ), before changing your board ckeck those two part very often they are the problem.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #20
pimpy1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the bypass info. It let me know that the relay was the only problem that stopped my Powerwise II charger from coming on. I ended up buying a new board from EZGO through Amazon. $75 and I got next day shipping for just $4 more. This is the one that worked with Powerwise II charger. Hope this helps.
Amazon.com: E-Z-GO 28667G01 Input Board-Power Control (Powerwise): Patio, Lawn & Garden Amazon.com: E-Z-GO 28667G01 Input Board-Power Control (Powerwise): Patio, Lawn & Garden
pimpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO