lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
k-vegas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Yet another turn signal upgrade for Precedent

When I got the 2005 cart from the dealer, it had the basic running light kit installed. Single front light bar with amber corner lights and rear tail lights. (I believe they are LED tail lights.) I want to install turn signal, brake lights and possibly a horn as I like the kits that come with the horn button on the end of the signal lever. After searching on the forum and internet searches for products all day, I am now more confused than when I started thinking I would add these upgrades.

#1 - Is this setup I already have considered the CC OEM light kit and if so, is the wiring harness that's there complete to add the turn signals and brake lights?

#2 - I've seen on some sites about the need for a Precedent wiring adapter if I use their signal kit. Is this needed and what's it for?

#3 - What parts are needed to be purchased? I am assumming the signal lever assembly and wiring harness, flasher relay and socket, and brake light switch. But we all know what happens when you assume.

#4 - There is also mention of a 12volt+ for the brake switch that is continuously hot. Will I also need a timer to shut these off?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to determine what my parts and materials list should be so that I get the right stuff to begin with. I don't want to shell out for a complete "deluxe" or "ultimate" kit if what I already have is partially there. I will also need to know if I can purchase just the needed components to "upgrade" the light kit I already have.

k-vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
Cinrock
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yet another turn signal upgrade for Precedent

I'd like to know that one as well. Lot's of turn signal kits out there, some say not for Precedent. 6 wire 8 wire, holy cow! My '05 has a factory connector for turn signals and I'm resigned to pay the big $$ for the factory unit unless there is someone out there that can unravel the mystery.
Cinrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
k-vegas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Got a call out to Club Car to see if they can help with answering any questions. Waiting for a reply. As soon as I hear, I will post back. Also trying to get in touch with the dealer that sold the cart and installed the light kit that's on it for any information.
k-vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

OK so heres my opinion from installing a few light sets and knowing the prices... the turn signal lever with flasher is going to cost about $120. the horn kit probably another $20-$30. The brake light switch with timer module is easily in the $60 range, and then you have to hope it all plugs into the light kit you already have. Just bite the bullet..do it right and get a complete set that will work together nicely. A complete set can be bought for $280 to $290 if you shop around, it will have the nice horn button on the turn signal lever, everything plugs in nicely and works togeher as it should with no cutting and splicing unmatched parts together. You will probably be hating yourself if you try to wire in unmatched parts as the brake light timer and turn signal setup is pretty trick...just my opinion from past experience
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #5
sweber
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I hope it is ok to post on here. I saw it is about turn signals. I have a precedent that has what appears to be turn signal bulbs in the front headlight assembly. It has a horn on the steering Column The brake lights work with the brakes.
All that seems to be missing is the switch. Can you buy this?
sweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:11 PM   #6
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check out my thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ports-way.html where I added turn signals and horn from bits I bought on ebay.

The turn signal arm that I bought (Monark) was a beauty. It is actually a Mercedes arm from a Unimog but you can get it at a great price. It is currently on eBay in the US at https://www.ebay.com/itm/MONARK-TURN....c100005.m1851. The postage seems high, I don't think I paid that much.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:24 AM   #7
sweber
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
Check out my thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ports-way.html where I added turn signals and horn from bits I bought on ebay.

The turn signal arm that I bought (Monark) was a beauty. It is actually a Mercedes arm from a Unimog but you can get it at a great price. It is currently on eBay in the US at https://www.ebay.com/itm/MONARK-TURN....c100005.m1851. The postage seems high, I don't think I paid that much.
thanks nice write up
sweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #8
LouisC
Getting Wild

I have a refurbished 2013 CC Precedent with a phantom body style. The dealer installed LED lights Front & Rear. I checked under the dash panel to see if the wiring harness was there to upgrade to the "Ultimate Light Kit" with turn signal, horn, brakes. The harness was there...Now I've read (thanks to this forum) about the turn signals not working because the flasher in not compatible with LED Lights. So my question is: IF I change the flasher in the "Ultimate Light Kit" to a LED Flasher will the turn signals work properly ???
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:04 PM   #9
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the dealer installed them he should ensure that they work and change the flasher unit if that's what's needed. There is a good chance that's what is needed.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:51 PM   #10
LouisC
Getting Wild

He installed the standard LED Light Kit for the Phantom Body...But I want to upgrade to the "Ultimate Light Kit" with Turn Signal, Brakes and Horn. i just want to make sure that an LED Flasher will fix the LED Turn Signal problem....
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car