lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Washing Electric Golf Cart

YES, I think a weekly hosing is more dangerous than any amount of dust. Forget the water & take a leaf blower to it..... it will run longer IMO
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #12
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I second the leaf blower to help keep dust free and I woudl only wash every so often.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #13
Mayfair
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the heads up!

I'll discontinue my "under the bonnet" washing from now on
Mayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #14
gadams@thegrid.net
Not Yet Wild

I washed my batteries last night and the reverse alarm came on and I had to disconnect the battery cable to get it stopped. Today when I reconnected the cable the alarm started again.
gadams@thegrid.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:45 PM   #15
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I worked at a golf course in college and we washed the carts every night with a water hose. The only thing we would do under the seat is sweep the batteries off with a broom, no water. And that was only every now and then, not every night...
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:43 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I, and EZGO and Yamaha are in the "do wash them" camp. Once a month should be good. If you dont mind corroded cables, never wash them.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #17
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've washed mine but never sprayed under the seat. My reverse buzzer sounded for a little while till it dried out. Guess the moister just made it go off
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #18
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

This is a pet peeve of mine: Why don't they protect the controller and other sensitive stuff from washdown water? Like others, my batteries get filthy from dust, and there's often a bit of moisture on their tops. This can cause quite a draw, imbalancing the charge on the individual batteries. My RXV has the controller and DC ->DC converter exposed, along with the wiring, connectors, etc.

When I built up my old CC with a controller and voltage converter, I fabbed up a mounting plate from 1/4" aluminum that was tucked up under the body work behind the batteries and ahead of the axle. This protected the components from a normal washdown. The only disadvantage was that it made it necessary to remove the body to do any significant electrical repairs, but: #1, it should be only rarely necessary, and #2, body removal was very easy on that cart.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:26 PM   #19
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just drown mine with the garden hose spray nozzle after the battery cleaner has done it's job. Wait for a nice, sunny day, pull the seat off, clean to your heart's content and let the sun do its job for a few hours.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #20
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I Did try to was mud off the floor a time or two, but that was when the accelerator gizmo was under the floor mat on my 2005 and when it got wet, the cart would take off on its own- Forward reverse didn't matter the key was off - It did lead to some entertaining view for neighbors and family, watching a fat guy in a cast and two knee braces chase a cart, and caught it before it hit the House one time and it did hit the fence, The neighbor was laughing so hard, he said not to worry, its just barbed wire- never have washed the mat since then

I use a plant watering can and the Leaf blower to clean the battery area now
csport is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cart, golf, wash
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO