lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #21
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Assassin / run time / speed questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardket View Post
I see you have flat ground so may not have much issues. That said be aware that it will exceed its rated rpm on down grades and if it is hot (200+) it can fly apart at high speeds. My Assassin can go 10,000 (42mph) and that is OK as long as it is not over hot. Just FYI.
Yeah I understand the difference. I figured I should not go try to go over 30 or so mph in one of these anyway. If I get hungry for more speed in the future I can upgrade brakes and just get an assassin then. I do have high speed banding so over revs won't be an issue unless I take it down a steep incline at 40 mph. If that happens I couldn't stop anyway so I will just jump off. :-)
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #22
twp5253
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I am willing to bet you will like what Chuck at EMP sends you. He really seems to be a smart guy on these motors and there are some articles about him I have read. I like the two speed function he can build in and he talked me into the LIMO motor because it is much bigger and has, as he puts it, better thermal capability. The motor is so big I had to relocate one shock by more than an inch but a custom made bracket took care of that. Also, he tends to under promise and over deliver. I wanted max torque and speed was not my desire so he promised it would only do 20mph and when pulling my jet ski out the cart did a wheelie that was shocking and I can't wait to get some pictures of that! Thanks Chuck, EMP rocks and so does my new world land speed record...for my cart anyways
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LimoMotorMaxSpeed.jpg (108.3 KB, 18 views)
twp5253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #23
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by twp5253 View Post
I am willing to bet you will like what Chuck at EMP sends you. He really seems to be a smart guy on these motors and there are some articles about him I have read. I like the two speed function he can build in and he talked me into the LIMO motor because it is much bigger and has, as he puts it, better thermal capability. The motor is so big I had to relocate one shock by more than an inch but a custom made bracket took care of that. Also, he tends to under promise and over deliver. I wanted max torque and speed was not my desire so he promised it would only do 20mph and when pulling my jet ski out the cart did a wheelie that was shocking and I can't wait to get some pictures of that! Thanks Chuck, EMP rocks and so does my new world land speed record...for my cart anyways
Yeah he said I may get up into the low 30's but 30 for sure so I feel confident about it. My neighbor's cart does 28mph so I need at least 29!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #24
twp5253
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
Yeah he said I may get up into the low 30's but 30 for sure so I feel confident about it. My neighbor's cart does 28mph so I need at least 29!
Remember, more voltage means more HP and therefore more MPH. And, if you must get a new charger, I am really seeing a nice difference in my delta-q!

Last edited by twp5253; 10-27-2011 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: sp
twp5253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #25
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by twp5253 View Post
Remember, more voltage means more HP and therefore more MPH. And, if you must get a new charger, I am really seeing a nice difference in my delta-q!
I have a custom LVS charger with the regular 36 volt EZGO plug at 48 volts/25 amps. It really charges the batteries well. I can smell them gassing sometimes.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #26
1fastbuggy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
I do like the fact that they are the respected leaders in motors. How much are 4 wheel disc brakes? I may go crazy and just get the assassin. Maybe I can sell my stocker on fleabay for some cash to offset cost.

P.S. I don't know if you remember we chatted a while back about wheels, I ended up getting the ITP SS112 in chrome. I am pretty blinged out now. Need to upload some pics in members rides.

Glad you liked they wheels. Everybody here likes pics so let see them. I got my brakes from Scotty great product and a must when you go over 25.
1fastbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #27
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastbuggy View Post
Glad you liked they wheels. Everybody here likes pics so let see them. I got my brakes from Scotty great product and a must when you go over 25.
Here are my wheels. Photos don't do the paint justice, it turns blue/green/purple in the sunlight. Now I need some speed to back up the bling look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 012.jpg (97.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 009.jpg (95.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #28
Eric L
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi,

A few months back Scotty B had PQ send me a midrange-Assassin along with it I got a 700 amp FSIP controller hd FR switch and solenoid.I am running 48v 8-6 batteries.this was an upgrade from a custom built 500+amp curtis on 48v with a stock motor.I love the setup...good charge on flat ground nets 32 mph with enough torque to go anywhere off road...hills, ditches, over logs you name it.I didnt notice any change in runtime.as for heat, of the 4 diff. motors ive ran.they ALL ran hotter at low speeds but none any worse than the one before it, and its never been an issue.I drive an 86 marathon everything under it has been replaced with 2k or later parts, 6" lift 22" tires on 10" wheels.

hope this helps.
Eric L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #29
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric L View Post
Hi,

A few months back Scotty B had PQ send me a midrange-Assassin along with it I got a 700 amp FSIP controller hd FR switch and solenoid.I am running 48v 8-6 batteries.this was an upgrade from a custom built 500+amp curtis on 48v with a stock motor.I love the setup...good charge on flat ground nets 32 mph with enough torque to go anywhere off road...hills, ditches, over logs you name it.I didnt notice any change in runtime.as for heat, of the 4 diff. motors ive ran.they ALL ran hotter at low speeds but none any worse than the one before it, and its never been an issue.I drive an 86 marathon everything under it has been replaced with 2k or later parts, 6" lift 22" tires on 10" wheels.

hope this helps.
Sounds like a good setup. I ended up getting a speed motor from EMP and it has been sitting on my workbench for a week. :-( Unfortunatly I noticed that my input shaft seal was leaking (easy fix, just an o-ring) but my input shaft splines are torn up as well so I have been waiting a new input shaft kit for about a week. I was told I should get up to 30mph maybe a little more. I am dying to put this motor in and find out. I will post results. Out of boredom I retrofitted a bicycle speedo to my cart. Not that hard, just make a bracket and JB weld the magnet to the inner hub. At least when I finally get the motor installed next week I will have the speedo done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO