lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Motor rating.

I finally got a camera! It's a Nikon CoolPix 3100. This is my very first attempt at a close up shot!
Ok, I have this question. Is the " AU " rating the speed of my motor? I've seen posts saying it should say " fleet " or other designations. What you see in the pic is all there is on the motor!

Looks like I have to play around with the size too!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Re: Motor rating.

I'll do some reasearch and see if I find anything. Just a wild guess here, 2500 RPM?
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
I finally got a camera! It's a Nikon CoolPix 3100. This is my very first attempt at a close up shot!
Looks like I have to play around with the size too!
Not bad for a Nikon........

You didn't do too bad either, only took you an hour and 4 minutes from the time you took it until the time you posted it.

As for size, at least it's big enough for us old guys to see.
I usually try to stay between 400 and 1200 pixels horizontally and let the vertical fall where it may unless it is a vertically oriented picture or graphic.

If you really want to have some fun with your new camera, try taking close up pictures of these.

They're often found close to these thingies.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-dc-motor.html
You do have a workhorse or something of the type, correct? Workhorses do have a 2.5 hp 48 volt motor, and based on this thread and other research hp x1000 could make sense.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Golf Carts View Post
I'll do some reasearch and see if I find anything. Just a wild guess here, 2500 RPM?
I'm not sure, but I think it might relate to purpose. IE: People mover applications.

The motor in my basically stock cart has same AU2500 rating, but it spins at 4,400 RPM. (18.2 MPH with 17.3" tall tires and a 12.44:1 drive ratio)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motor Label.jpg (84.8 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 11-16-2011 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: Added picture of motor label
Old 11-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

My research shows that the AU2500 is common in golf cars and forklifts, etc. So the AU and/or the 2500 is referencing a people mover application. The question is does the 2500 reference a people mover as well or is it something else? You cart is PDS which is 2 hp, so that rules out my second theory.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I'm not sure, but I think it might relate to purpose. IE: People mover applications.

The motor in my basically stock cart has same AU2500 rating, but it spins at 4,400 RPM. (18.2 MPH with 17.3" tall tires and a 12.44:1 drive ratio)
Thanks for the kind comments in your first post! Practice makes perfect, and I intend to practice!
Looking at your label, everything is filled in where on mine there are blank areas. I did go to Advance's website, but couldn't find my motor. No big deal, I just thought someone here would know this right offhand. I'll get some pics of the whole cart up pretty soon. I have to experiment with some settings. I got an antenna for my wireless modem and now I at least get a signal, but the thing is still as slow as a snail! Doing photos takes awhile, but that's an ongoing fight between me and Sprint!
Old 11-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Golf Carts View Post
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-dc-motor.html
You do have a workhorse or something of the type, correct? Workhorses do have a 2.5 hp 48 volt motor, and based on this thread and other research hp x1000 could make sense.
It's an 881 industrial cart. The motor ( as far as I know is stock ) so the year on it is what I believe the cart is too.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #9
longhorngolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a handful of used motors and all the advanced motors I have has the same rating AU2500. I will see what I can find out on that as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0185.JPG (669.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0186.JPG (732.6 KB, 9 views)
longhorngolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
It's an 881 industrial cart. The motor ( as far as I know is stock ) so the year on it is what I believe the cart is too.
I wouldn't bet my whole paycheck on it.

My cart has a date-code of B0808 (Aug-2008 ) while the motor is dated 04/28/07.
Apparently the motor set around for about 16 months before being installed, or Advanced might do some creative date coding on their motors like Trojan does on their batteries.

My guess is that your 881 is a 98 or maybe a 99.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO