lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up It's alive!!!!!!!!!!

Well I took my staples cable back and got my money. I stopped by Radio Shack and picked up one of their cables. I got back to the computer uninstalled the driver i got from Alltrax and installed the driver that came with the the new cable. I rebooted the pc, plugged in the cable and it instally recognized it and loaded everything up. I plugged it into my controller, then powered up the controller. Once the controller was powered up, I opened the program and it said "Cannot Locate Motor Controller." Thats when I was already headed towards a box and some packaging material and tape, to ship the damm thing off to Scotty.

I then decided to try one more thing. I right clicked the program and chose to run as administrator. Success, it found my controller. I made my adjustments as per Scotty's original screen shots. I then called Scotty to BS with him and verify that everything was set right. Well after about 15min of BS'ing with him on the phone I hung up.

I went to my cart, hooked everything back up and made sure all my connections were tight. Once I verified everything was the way it should be I flipped the Run/Tow switch to Run. Turned the key on and put it in gear. The light flashed green signaling Ezgo ITS and then went solid green. I pressed the gas pedal lightly and the wheels went forward and slowed when I let off. I put it in reverse pressed the pedal lightly and the wheels turned backwards and slowed as I released.

I can now officially say, MY EZGO IS A RUNNER!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!

Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: It's alive!!!!!!!!!!

Thank GOD!

Good work, Colton. Now get it off the jackstands and let 'er rip!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am going to have to pull a Gornoman, OffTwice, Scooterb, Scottyb and the rest of you guys. It rained today, the ground is wet and there are clouds in the sky. So the buggie will not get out today
Old 11-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I understand completely. Some of those other guys are gonna give ya crap however, LOL!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool I'm glad you got her going! Yeah, I usually run a limited account for my computer. I've come to realize some things won't install right unless you run as administrator. **** computers, it would sure have been nice if it would have told you instead of the mind games!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Simple Man, computers are famous for mind games

Gorno, I know they will give me crap thats okay. I have a Club Car that I get covered in mud on a daily basis. This one will not see grass tho.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Circiter Hora
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Usually I would say ill have to ask johnnieb what that means, but you posted it. So John, what the heck does that mean? I know its Latin
Old 11-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Well I took my staples cable back and got my money. I stopped by Radio Shack and picked up one of their cables. I got back to the computer uninstalled the driver i got from Alltrax and installed the driver that came with the the new cable. I rebooted the pc, plugged in the cable and it instally recognized it and loaded everything up. I plugged it into my controller, then powered up the controller. Once the controller was powered up, I opened the program and it said "Cannot Locate Motor Controller." Thats when I was already headed towards a box and some packaging material and tape, to ship the damm thing off to Scotty.

I then decided to try one more thing. I right clicked the program and chose to run as administrator. Success, it found my controller. I made my adjustments as per Scotty's original screen shots. I then called Scotty to BS with him and verify that everything was set right. Well after about 15min of BS'ing with him on the phone I hung up.

I went to my cart, hooked everything back up and made sure all my connections were tight. Once I verified everything was the way it should be I flipped the Run/Tow switch to Run. Turned the key on and put it in gear. The light flashed green signaling Ezgo ITS and then went solid green. I pressed the gas pedal lightly and the wheels went forward and slowed when I let off. I put it in reverse pressed the pedal lightly and the wheels turned backwards and slowed as I released.

I can now officially say, MY EZGO IS A RUNNER!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!

Sometimes legacy computers (DB9 RS232) work best for serial communications.

Last edited by yurtle; 11-22-2011 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Bad tone
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO