lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery water, I found a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Hey, are you really Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory? !!!!
Sorry it has taken me so long to answer.
Having never watched the Big Bang Theory TV show, I didn't know who (or what) Sheldon is.

From what I've been able to glean on-line, the fictional character and I do share some common traits, but there are some differences.
Sheldon has two doctoral degrees while I don't have a doctorate. However, I do have two daughters-in law with PhD's that I have friendly debates with, in their respective fields.
Sheldon has a twin sister and a brother. I have five sisters and no brothers.
Sheldon's IQ is 187. Mine is much lower.
Sheldon was bullied in grade school, I wasn't.

Also, the actor that portrays Sheldon is far younger and much more handsome than me.
I actually look like the unknown person in my avatar.

Bottom line: I guess that was a compliment, so thank you for your kind words, Kernal.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2012, 03:55 AM   #12
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Sorry it has taken me so long to answer.
Having never watched the Big Bang Theory TV show, I didn't know who (or what) Sheldon is.

From what I've been able to glean on-line, the fictional character and I do share some common traits, but there are some differences.
Sheldon has two doctoral degrees while I don't have a doctorate. However, I do have two daughters-in law with PhD's that I have friendly debates with, in their respective fields.
Sheldon has a twin sister and a brother. I have five sisters and no brothers.
Sheldon's IQ is 187. Mine is much lower.
Sheldon was bullied in grade school, I wasn't.

Also, the actor that portrays Sheldon is far younger and much more handsome than me.
I actually look like the unknown person in my avatar.

Bottom line: I guess that was a compliment, so thank you for your kind words, Kernal.
Yes JohnnieB that is a compliment. Even if you can't drive. *knock, knock, knock. Gonkulor..... *knock, knock, knock. Gonkulor.... *knock, knock, knock. Gonkulor. "I need you to stop that"

*stomping on the floor cause I'm laughing so hard! My gut hurts.

Last edited by Gonkulor; 10-28-2012 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: Knock knock, who's there?
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You're not alone JohnnyB, I had no clue what he was talking about. Until you replied, I didn't even know he was talking about a TV show.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My post was a knee jerk reaction to your post that sounded, at least to me, exactly like something the character Sheldon would say. I wasn't comparing you to the character otherwise. The show is a fictional comedy and I meant it in a light hearted way.
Even thought the show has been on for several years and quite popular I only discovered it recently and it did occur to me that you may never have heard of it. I probably wouldn't have posted if I had thought about it longer.

I read all of your posts as they are among the most researched and informative on this forum. I know you have spent a lot of time compiling data and you dole it out in a user friendly manner. I, and I'm sure many others are very appreciative.

Fortunately the OP got my feeble attempt at humor so I don't feel like I hijacked his thread.

I will take my marbles and go home now.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

No harm done. I frequently post early morning attempts at humor, before the coffee's kicked in good. Some of them take off with a life of their own, while others land with a "thud".
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I read all of your posts as they are among the most researched and informative on this forum. I know you have spent a lot of time compiling data and you dole it out in a user friendly manner. I, and I'm sure many others are very appreciative.

Isn't that the truth.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
My post was a knee jerk reaction to your post that sounded, at least to me, exactly like something the character Sheldon would say. I wasn't comparing you to the character otherwise. The show is a fictional comedy and I meant it in a light hearted way.
Even thought the show has been on for several years and quite popular I only discovered it recently and it did occur to me that you may never have heard of it. I probably wouldn't have posted if I had thought about it longer.

Fortunately the OP got my feeble attempt at humor so I don't feel like I hijacked his thread.

I will take my marbles and go home now.
Initially, I didn't know who Sheldon was, but I did take it in a lighthearted way.

When I looked up Sheldon, I got a laugh out of the similarities that actually do exist.

I always enjoy a good laugh.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #18
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just go to Walmart and buy a gallon of the stuff marked, "distilled water". :) And.. who is Sheldon?
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
I just go to Walmart and buy a gallon of the stuff marked, "distilled water". :) And.. who is Sheldon?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheldon_Cooper
Old 10-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #20
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

I'm OP so I have to add more about the Sheldon reference.

I didn't think JohnnieB would take it the wrong way once he found the info about Sheldon. I love that show and Sheldon is my favorite character, well when Penny gets in camera I have a hard time not looking at.... I digress.

Sheldon gets asked questions regularly to much of the chagrin of his colleges. What would be a simple questions always turns into a learning experience that is always delivered in a, matter of fact, thesis format.

Now JohnnieB isn't anywhere close to Sheldon in spitting out non trivia we already know. What JohnnieB is great at is delivering the info in a factual matter. Personally I think it's an art to be able to deliver info in such a way and I always want to tune in and enjoy what is being said.

If it was meant anyway different than a complement? That really wouldn't stick for anyone who regularly visits these forums. Kernal I don't think you hijacked a thread that was answered. I'd say we all get to learn more and say *cheers.

Shon
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO