lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Got my PQ bandit back today. Got some concerns.

Is the Bandit a speed or torque rewind? Its got more torque, i think, but the top speed is the same or less. Really it seems like my old motor. Is this normal?

1990 marathon
48V
AXE 4855
HD F&R
2 Gauge cables
HD solenoid
PQ Bandit
woodrow256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Got my PQ bandit back today. Got some concerns.

After re-reading what i wrote when nobody replied, i realized it did not portray what i was wanting to know very well. I got the motor from UPS and put it straight on my cart. My top speed before i sent it to plum quick was 17mph on flat ground and would drop off as i got on the slightest of incline. Now it will go 19mph but will maintain it up hill better. Does that seem right for a series bandit motor? Also it seems like it goes faster in reverse. I added two gauge wires and Hd F&r since i sent the motor off so it was the first time testing all of the upgrades, and all i get is 2 mph. It just dont seem right.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow256 View Post
After re-reading what i wrote when nobody replied, i realized it did not portray what i was wanting to know very well. I got the motor from UPS and put it straight on my cart. My top speed before i sent it to plum quick was 17mph on flat ground and would drop off as i got on the slightest of incline. Now it will go 19mph but will maintain it up hill better. Does that seem right for a series bandit motor? Also it seems like it goes faster in reverse. I added two gauge wires and Hd F&r since i sent the motor off so it was the first time testing all of the upgrades, and all i get is 2 mph. It just dont seem right.
Sounds right. 2mph faster and a little more torque. It is your same motor just 'refreshed'.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Well thanks for the reply Scottyb. I have not changed any setting in my AXE4855 since i got it from u, is there anything i need to change with this new setup? It just seems like the way its advertised 25% at 48v, would be a marked increase(in the seat of the pants) like everybody else when they gets theirs back is like WOW! and im like WTF! All kidding aside, it is what it is. I did not ask what to expect when i placed the order so my bad i guess.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

As far as speed goes, it is turned all the way up. You might want to turn your brake current off. (Call PQ and ask them if they think it's necessary)
I didn't know you were getting a PQ motor when you ordered the upgrade kit or I would have done it for you

But I agree, I read people say my PQ bandit gives 5-10mph more and I think wtf? Must have had some really bad brushes... or got a good one? But PQ says expect a 2-3 mph gain.

Are you running 48v?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg woo3.jpg (372.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes i started 48v from day one(after i installed the AXE 4855). What is brake current and what purpose does it serve? Another thing i see that the half speed reverse is off. It had low speed reverse until i put the new f&r switch on. I unhooked two wires that go from the pot box to a micro switch on the bottom of the f&r and it goes fast in reverse, seems like it takes off faster than foward. What is the function of those two wires?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:17 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes i started 48v from day one(after i installed the AXE 4855). What is brake current and what purpose does it serve? Another thing i see that the half speed reverse is off. It had low speed reverse until i put the new f&r switch on. I unhooked two wires that go from the pot box to a micro switch on the bottom of the f&r and it goes fast in reverse, seems like it takes off faster than foward. What is the function of those two wires?
Brake current is like regen braking. The 2 pot wires you disconnected from the F&R MS are for half speed reverse. You can go to Alltrax.com and read all about how to program the controller and what each setting controls.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #8
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Since i dont have plug brake capablities on my controller brake current should not matter what it is set at right? Is there a way to add the fourth lug and have plug brakes?
Old 10-31-2012, 03:53 AM   #9
rib33024

Is this the 36 volt motor you sent in to PQ?? or was it a 48 v motor you sent to them??

Quote:
Is the Bandit a speed or torque rewind? Its got more torque, i think, but the top speed is the same or less. Really it seems like my old motor. Is this normal?

1990 marathon
48V
AXE 4855
HD F&R
2 Gauge cables
HD solenoid
PQ Bandit
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Since i dont have plug brake capablities on my controller brake current should not matter what it is set at right? Is there a way to add the fourth lug and have plug brakes?
No.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO