lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
deltaboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default more power in reverse than forward

79 marathon resistor car. completely rewired the cart. replaced bad key switch. before i bought it couple months ago the previous owners left it outside for a good year or more. i know i need new batteries but the car does run. after 12 hours from charge it holds 36.2 volts. my understanding is it should be 38.2. been driving it around just to see if there was anything else i need to work on and one thing i noticed is it doesnt like to go up any type of incline. no matter how small. i figure its because of the old batteries, (2004 e-3600) have no clue who makes those, but i noticed it will go up a steep incline in reverse with no problem. on level ground if i punch the accel. in reverse it jerks my head. any ideas why there is so much difference between reverse and forward? f n r switch is a little rusty but not bad.
deltaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: more power in reverse than forward

Some of it has to do with the motor timing. It is not uncommon. Some of it may be related to better F&R connections in reverse = improved amperage flow.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
DonBenigno
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Did you possibly wire the motor in reverse ?
DonBenigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
deltaboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

that makes since scottyb. what would you use to clean the connections? theres mild rust and just old age. looks like it could even be the original fnr switch. im planning to eventually get a HD fnr and see if i cant upgrade to a controller at some point but the batteries are priority right now.

anything is possible but i did double, triple, etc checked all my connections. im pretty good at reading schematics and the ones that scottyb gave me a while back are easy to read and self explanatory to me. never hurts to recheck again though.

i saw in another thread that a guy said, "before i bought my cart, i knew that there were electric and gas carts". that was me too before i bought my little money pit. lol working on it and help from this forum has educated me alot in the last couple months.
deltaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO