lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
Combzee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Drivers side back wheel noise??

Hi all,
I am new to the RXV world. Ihave owned a couple of PDS carts in the past so not sure if this "creaking", "grinding" noise is common. If it is, wow very annoying. The noise happens during very slow speeds or going down hill. Is this normal for the regen brake? I bought it off of a guy that said its done it since he had it. Superior Carts in Ga did the lift and other mods. Would lifting it do this? Again, not up to date with this model so, I will have more questions coming.
Thanks friends!
Combzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
Combzee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Drivers side back wheel noise??

Anyone??
Combzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

First for the problem/issue......there have been numerous people here that have had an issue you just discribed. an EZ-GO issue if not attened to is the spline from the hub to shaft "going away" so the first thing I would check would see if the axle neet os at all loose. there should be a cotter pin in the castlated nut, however, remove the cuotter pin and torque the nut. the spec is 90 lb-ft.....with a MAX of 140 lb-ft. jsut get it there so that pin lines back up and reinsert it.

oh and btw.....CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I noticed my RXV is a little louder than a TXT coasting downhill and I assume it is due to regen braking but no where loud enough to call it annoying. Hard to say what the noise is but I would start with pulling the oil pan off the differential and look for metal. Also jack up the rear axle grab each wheel firmly and give them a shake and see if you can feel any movement. Let us know what you find. good luck
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
firennc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the same problem I had last year. Replaced the bearing and all is better now.
firennc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO