lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2015, 03:26 PM   #21
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Street carts and the law

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
Back in 2009 there was a tax credit for the purchase of battery vehicles- that included Low Speed Neghborhood Vehicles.

There were 2 company's that quickly created some converted golf carts to LSV. The purchase price was equal to the tax credit for that device- so basically a "free" LSV.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/free-gol...rhood-vehicle/
The companies did not convert any golf carts. They manufactured a LSV or a NEV with 17 digit VIN's so they could title and register the vehicles in any state.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2015, 04:04 PM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahaman View Post
I don't think the golf cart in my sig would be allowed on a golf course
I have run many of my carts at the local course. As long as I behave myself the cart won't do any more damage than a standard cart and actually in wet areas mine do less damage because they have traction. May also be because I help them sometimes with their fleet.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:33 PM   #23
MC1
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
The companies did not convert any golf carts. They manufactured a LSV or a NEV with 17 digit VIN's so they could title and register the vehicles in any state.

Companies that market New Street Legal carts may have their proprietary VIN to identify their production- i do not know.

From what i understand, if you convert a cart to a LSV there will be nothing in the state issued VIN that says its a club car/ezgo/yamaha etc. You get a VIN noting it was assembled by parts.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 06:15 AM   #24
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Florida is the only state I have heard of that issues a VIN. And yes, that VIN does not decode like normal.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #25
mucklizard
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Its all about the wording
mucklizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:25 PM   #26
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

You know that little white spot on top of CS is still CS right? The fact is it's about money. If they can't tax it, regulate it and make a profit they don't want you doing it. Once they figure out how they can, it's all good.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:54 PM   #27
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

We were lucky enough to have a good Rep. in the Statehouse from Bluffton. He made things real simple for buggiers to put 'em on the road.
Here's the rules:

Must have liability insurance.

The Permit Registration must be carried when the golf cart is operated.

To be operated during daylight hours only.

Operator must have a valid driver’s license and must be at least sixteen years of age.

The driver’s license must be in the operator’s possession.

May be driven on a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five miles an hour or less, within 4 miles of residential or additional address noted above.

May cross a highway or street at an intersection where the highway has a posted speed limit of more than thirty-five miles an hour.

Upon sale of the golf cart, immediately notify the Department of Motor Vehicles in writing giving the name and address of the new owner, with date of sale.

Remove the assigned permit decal from the golf cart upon sale.

Here's the form:
http://www.scdmvonline.com/DMVNew/de...x?n=golf_carts
Muddog
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #28
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Muddog very similar rules in Texas Can ride on 35 cross a 45mph street. I prefer to keep on the sidewalk. Cities can assign their own rules and assign permitting restrictions.
Also in Texas once a golf cart always a golf cart
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #29
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

In Florida each county can add rules in addition to the state rules... Luckily mine just follow.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/mv/lowspeedvehicles.pdf

First you get all the needed pieces for converting the golf cart to lsv, get it weighed and inspected to get a vin (you need to have all the receipts / invoices for conversion). Then you can go and get insurance; once you have Insurance you can get plates and the subsequent DUI....

I live in a 20 mph neighborhood and have done all the work short of weighing it... luckily most officers just wave at the kids and make sure I have seatbelts; but my luck will run out eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car