lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Bobert
Not Yet Wild

Default New batteries medalist will not move

I have a SN 903127 MC 12895 EZGO Medalist, 1995 (DCS, I believe). I have put new batteries in buggy and I get nothing; no clicking, nothing. I have continuity-checked the key switch, but don't know where to check after that. I should mention that the batteries are 6 V, series wired and reading 37.3 V from the positive buggy wire connection to the negative buggy wire connection. I also should mention that I have a run-tow/maintenance switch next to the batteries.

Last edited by Bobert; 07-01-2013 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: additional information for responders
Bobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New batteries medalist will not move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
I have a SN 903127 MC 12895 EZGO Medalist, 1995 (DCS, I believe). I have put new batteries in buggy and I get nothing; no clicking, nothing. I have continuity-checked the key switch, but don't know where to check after that. I should mention that the batteries are 6 V, series wired and reading 37.3 V from the positive buggy wire connection to the negative buggy wire connection. I also should mention that I have a run-tow/maintenance switch next to the batteries.
DID you use the run/tow when installing the batteries?
Does the solenoid click when you try to go?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
Bobert
Not Yet Wild

I had the run/tow switch in the tow position. There is no clicking from solenoid.

Last edited by Bobert; 07-02-2013 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: Sp
Old 07-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Concentrate on getting the solenoid to click when you press the gas ( key on + in gear)
Look all around and under the cart for an unconnected wire (most common cause of this problem)
Here is the solenoid activation circuit. Put the - test lead on the main negative battery pack post and follow the red highlighted wires from the battery to the solenoid. You should find your problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCS Solenoid activation.jpg (85.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
Bobert
Not Yet Wild

Many thanks for your help! I make the assumption that the solenoid is positioned near the electric motor, but please correct me if I am wrong.

As to being "in gear" I also assume you mean the pedal is depressed to point where the cart would move either forwards or backwards depending on whether the Direction Selector Switch is on F or R.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
Many thanks for your help! I make the assumption that the solenoid is positioned near the electric motor, but please correct me if I am wrong.

As to being "in gear" I also assume you mean the pedal is depressed to point where the cart would move either forwards or backwards depending on whether the Direction Selector Switch is on F or R.
as far as being "IN GEAR" means the driection switch is in F or R, not Neutral. thus if you push the pedal, it should GO. so if you plan on doing these types of tests and are not IN the cart or in a place you don't want to run over something or get run over.....jack up the cart and place the rear wheels on jack stands.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
Bobert
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the good advice!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
Bobert
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I'm in deep Doo-Doo now. As previously stated, have new batteries and ordered a Dual-Pro Eagle 36V, 12A charger from Chargingchargers. I have, thanks to this site, pages E1-E10 from Section E, Repair and Service Manual; the DCS Schematic; and the schematics that show Tests 1-7. I have a digital Multimeter, jack stands, a 3-ton jack, and a lot of debt! The Medalist I'm trying to get running has not run in 5 years and has just been sitting in my garage. Wouldn't you know that my wife finally bugged me enough to straighten-up and clean up the garage. Well, I pushed the cart out to give me room and when I had finished that, I, foolishly, said to myself, "Maybe I ought to get the cart running!" So, I bought batteries, and you know the rest.

This is a long way to say that I barely know what I am doing, and wondered if there was anything else I might need to trouble-shoot this cart from hell. Please don't tell me it is hopeless!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If it's been sitting for 5 years, I would go over everything - especially the motor. You might want to put it up on stands and bypass the controller to see if the motor runs. Keep those new batteries charged! There a re threads here that tell you how to bypass the controller to test the motor.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
Bobert
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, again good advice! Would you know the title of the thread about bypassing the controller to run the motor?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO