lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
lmonaco78
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New cart owner with year/model and battery questions

Hello all,

1. I just purchased my first cart and I am not sure where I can find the serial number or any other information for that matter. Can anyone tell by looking at these photos, or point me in the right direction?

2. I charge the batteries individually with a trickle charger (the cart did not come with an EZ-GO charger) to about 6.0-6.2 volts. That only gives me about 1 minute of drive time before the cart dies. I check the battery voltage after the drive and they are at about 5.8-5.9 volts. Any suggestions, do I need new batteries? All of the water levels in the batteries cover the lead plates/cells.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart 1s.jpg (59.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart 2s.jpg (63.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart 3s.jpg (66.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart 4s.jpg (75.7 KB, 0 views)
lmonaco78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
bad70nova
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New cart owner with year/model and battery questions

Welcome to the form,

Your model number should be under the glove boxes above the gas peddle. Or it could be in the battery box by the shifter lever. Hopefully it is still there and not tore off.

As for the battries, they may show voltage, but no amps. You need to do a load test on each battry and see if they pass a load test.

This is a good starting point.
bad70nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Thats an ezgo marathon. I have had a few of them over the years. Actually one of my favorite carts.
You should find a serial number and model number on a plaque located under the passenger glove box slightly to the left on the white piece of body by the floor mat and cup holders.
As for the batteries, on trojans there is a number and letter on one of the terminals on each battery. A-L is the month and the number is the last digit of the year. Post up the number and letter so we know the age of the batteries. Make sure you look at all of the batteries incase they are not a matching set.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It also appears to be a controller cart so it is probably at least a 90 model. If I remember right that is the first year for the controller in the Marathon.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

lmonaco78, its a 36v cart, and the batteries are about dead, in other words they aren't charged up enough....you said you charged them up with a trickle charger, which doesn't put very many amps to them, and even at that, a 6v battery isn't fully charged till its at about 6.45v or a pack voltage of 38.3v. you need to get a cart charger.

oh and btw.....CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
lmonaco78
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for you help everyone. I thought that you guys might have the answers that I need. I still have to get some more information, but here is what I do have right now.

#1 It seems that the Serial Badge is missing.
#2 The Battery post reads E25. I am assuming that is May 2005? All of the batteries have the same E25 marking on the post.
#3 Currently I am looking for an EZ-GO Battery Charger...I hope to purchase one soon.

I will get some more information and post it as soon as I can.

Thanks again everybody.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Serial Badge Photo.jpg (108.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Battery Post.jpg (132.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmonaco78 View Post
Thanks for you help everyone. I thought that you guys might have the answers that I need. I still have to get some more information, but here is what I do have right now.

#1 It seems that the Serial Badge is missing.
#2 The Battery post reads E25. I am assuming that is May 2005? All of the batteries have the same E25 marking on the post.
#3 Currently I am looking for an EZ-GO Battery Charger...I hope to purchase one soon.

I will get some more information and post it as soon as I can.

Thanks again everybody.
That is not a standard Trojan date code stamp as far as I know. Also I believe Trojan stamps the neg terminal. Thats how all of mine have been.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your serial plate is missing. But like I mentioned most likely it is in the 90-93 range from the looks of it.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #9
lmonaco78
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is a picture of the complete battery. I thought it was just a G on the negative battery post, but it might be a G 1. Does this mean that I have 12 year old batteries? I believe all of the batteries have the G 1 stamp.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery Posts.jpg (186.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

If you see G1 then they would be July 2011 batteries. I would highly doubt those are 2001 batteries.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO