lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
Barksdale
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Find another dealer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Barksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #12
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV performance improvements

My local dealer was happy to turn mine up to the fast setting. Tell the dealer if they want to sell an RXV to crank it up. I would not ditch the stock 4 12 volt batteries until it was already time to replace. Just my story why RXV, I was test driving and ready to buy a Club Car Precedent when my local dealer asked me to come back the next day he was getting a cart I had to drive. Took the wife up there the next day and before we left the parking lot on a test drive told him to order my RXV. Took almost a month to get it ordered and modified instead of buying the pretty blue already built ready to go Precedent.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
Barou
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

My understanding is that there exists some liability issues that preclude the dealer(s) from increasing performance above the factory settings. Is that true? Is an increase in torque necessary when upgrading to larger tires/wheels, like 23"? The factory setting has a slow initial acceleration which would seem to be a problem with larger tires. Any help from you RXV owners is appreciated.
Thanks.
Barou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes, the liability issue exists, thats why you.dont put gears in there and set it to 35mph..The rxv actually does Very well with 22" tires in stock configuration, i was very impressed the first time we tried it. I have not seen any Golf cart that could do what a stock rxv could do in stock form with a lift and larger tires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Unless they are deemed a "Freedom" cart I believe they come set at 14.5 mph. They can bump them up to 19.5 and I believe they are ok to do that as long as it is being done for an individual and not a golf course.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #16
Barou
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info cgtech and kgsc. Mine is a Freedom and currently has a top end of approx. 19.5. I would really like to increase the torque some especially when I add bigger tires. Guess I'll have to pressure my dealer!
Barou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #17
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I believe the local dealer hear sets them all at 19.5 and you would probably have to ask to get it set lower. Bet they don't get many takers.

I have driven one with the larger tires (right after a test drive on regular tires) and I didn't notice any difference torque wise.

edit: I don't think the dealer is able set speed above 19.5. We were all thinking yours was set lower, at least I was. I have a suspicion that it can be set higher than 19.5 but EZGO won't allow the dealers to do it. FWIW the 2five uses the same motor and controller to run 25mph. It is geared up a little and I don't know if it has a different setting on the controller.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Cant be set above 19 mph, except curtis controlled rxv can be "fooled", but it results in higher than ezgo intended motor rpm. 19mph equals roughly 6000 motor rpm. Can make it go 26 on stock wheels, but motor rpm is hitting 8900rpm (no joke), the motor really sings at those speeds, NOT RECOMMENDED. i have never blown one up, but i never leave any set that agressive. The 2five will hit 3four with tuning, it doesnt hit crazy 9k rpm, runs out of horsepower. Really all i see diffferent in the 2five is gear ratio change, and lower rpm settings.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

torque on the cart I had was good once you got out of the hole. I think it is programmed this way so the 3 phase AC doesn't rip the hubs out

I do know one of our local places is working on a program that will allow you to change that setting but not sure where they are on that. I'll send an email and ask..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
surfdog
Gone Wild

What is a 2five?
surfdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rxv upgrades
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO