lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
cgray11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV not charging after battery swap

'09 EZGO RXV 48v

Last week I was out golfing and I heard a crackling form under the seat. Stopped to look and saw sparks coming from one of the negative battery posts. I was only about a quarter mile from the house so I made a run for it. By the time I arrived the battery terminal was completely melted away. It appears that some how I got a loose connection and excess heat was generated.

I pulled the battery and took it down to where I bought the cart and he gave me another used battery roughly the same month/year. I installed the new battery and topped off the pack with distilled water and gave it a charge. Seemed to charge up just fine. The cart is running just fine except when I put it on the charger now all I get is a red blinking light, which is an error code.

I'm not sure if it is a coincidence that the charger went bad after the battery was installed or if somehow the new battery caused the issue.

Tonight I borrowed my father in laws charger and so far so good. Green blinking light and it appears to be charging.

Does anyone know is there is a way to repair the powerwise qe chargers?

I will repost tomorrow after the cart charges all night and report if the pack charged or not.
cgray11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2013, 03:31 AM   #2
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV not charging after battery swap

Could just be a loose connection on the plug. Make sure no corrosion on either ends, the plug and the cart. Also make sure that the connection are good on all 3, times 2, of the contact points.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
cgray11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV not charging after battery swap

Went out this morning and the cart fully charged on the borrowed charger. That means my charger is having an issue. Does anyone know how to reset and or repair the powerwise qe chargers?
cgray11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO