lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
cgray11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV charger repair

I've read several posts about the powerwise qe chargers basically being non repairable and disposable. However, there is a guy on ebay that claims to be repairing them and is charging $165 + a core/old charger. If he can supposedly refurbish them I'm surprised no one else has found a fix for these units. Anyone have any new details or finding on these chargers?
cgray11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV charger repair

The fix is as follows:
Step 1: Throw that pile in the trash.
Step 2: call Scottyb and get a Dpi.

On second thought, cut the charge handle off the old one before you throw it away.
Seriously, that charger is less than 5 years old, and already broken. Do you really wanna pump money into that notoriously bad charger every few years? I have a mountain of those junkers, and wouldnt spend $50 to fix them. I have opened many of them, most are "potted" in epoxy. I dont know how you could even get that stuff off to even try to repair it. Also, soon we will see that even Ezgo realizes that charger was a mistake.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Agreed, spend your money on a DPI .
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

FSIP has been refurbing these 'throw away' chargers for about a year too. You would probably get a better warranty from a big reputable company than you will from some guy on ebay.
I don't carry the refurbed chargers for the same reason I don't sell refurbed speed controllers. Refurbish is not a proper description. Repaired is the proper description for these services. Refurbished implies the units are rebuilt or renewed or refreshed. All it really means is 'tested & working'. They repair what problem the unit has and send it back out...Working for how long? This seems to be the problem with refurbished electronics... It a roll of the dice. I'm not saying you can't win at dice.
But that hasn't been my experience with speed controllers.
Lets wait for the results to come back in before recommending everybody with a broken RXV micro processor charger (that's all RXV owners sooner or later) get a repaired unit instead of a transformer type charger. Good luck with the charger.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO