lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #21
Johno7656
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Smashed up my front end - need advice

Let’s see, you would need to fab a battery tray, pot box mount, either a way to mount the electric rear end to the gas motor mount or spring perches for the springs, shock mounts, and all of the small stuff that I have not mentioned. Now, what might work is to cut your existing frame ahead of where the seat / battery box is on your existing cart and then cut the frame on the new cart. Then weld the old frame section (electric) onto the new (gas) frame; in effect, building an electric frame out of the two frames. This would need to be done by a competent welder and fabricator. When doing something like this, you need a smooth flat floor that is level, and take a lot of measurements before, during, and after to be sure you get everything straight and square when you are finished. It could be done, but unless you are capable of doing this yourself, it could get expensive quick. Find a local fabricator and try and get an idea of what it would cost. Then see if it makes sense, or just keep looking for an electric donor. John
Johno7656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No. Don't go the gas to electric route. It takes the same talent to do a project like that as it would to simply repair what you have now - for less.
Buy a similar TXT with the same year front end- meaning before or after the 2001.5 split year model change. Also get the same drive system. ie Series or PDS anything other than that is going to make this too much project for you.
Then you won't get complete and you'll really be pissed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #23
dsiomtw
Not Yet Wild

OK thanks for the replies. That's kind of what I figured ...

One more question while we're on the subject re: series vs. PDS - I can't even remember what I have. I have a run/tow switch and regen braking like a PDS but I also have that pain in the butt F/R handle. Isn't F/R on a PDS handled inside the controller and triggered by a simple rocker switch, etc.? It's been years since I bought and worked on this cart, and I can't find any of the receipts, etc. from the motor and controller etc. to refresh my memory. So what kind of cart do I have - frankencart?? Thanks guys!
dsiomtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #24
Johno7656
Not Yet Wild

When ever I have a question about something like this, I get the model number (of the motor in this case) and put that in the search bar; do that and you will most likely get all the info you need and then some. John
Johno7656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #25
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiomtw View Post
OK thanks for the replies. That's kind of what I figured ...

One more question while we're on the subject re: series vs. PDS - I can't even remember what I have. I have a run/tow switch and regen braking like a PDS but I also have that pain in the butt F/R handle. Isn't F/R on a PDS handled inside the controller and triggered by a simple rocker switch, etc.? It's been years since I bought and worked on this cart, and I can't find any of the receipts, etc. from the motor and controller etc. to refresh my memory. So what kind of cart do I have - frankencart?? Thanks guys!
you have a DCS (F/R by our knee but has regen braking)....the PDS has the rocker switch on the dash.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It sounds like a DCS cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo-guide-#2.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #27
dsiomtw
Not Yet Wild

Ah DCS OK thanks. So you guys are all saying I pretty much need to find another DCS cart then to make this as painless as possible? If so this could take awhile. I was hoping to buy another cart that already has the front end, etc. that I want but maybe I need to just buy a plain jane DCS as cheaply as possible and do it all myself ...
Old 09-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You know your own comfort and skill level. I would find any TXT and install your DCS system from F&R to motor.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #29
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiomtw View Post
Ah DCS OK thanks. So you guys are all saying I pretty much need to find another DCS cart then to make this as painless as possible? If so this could take awhile. I was hoping to buy another cart that already has the front end, etc. that I want but maybe I need to just buy a plain jane DCS as cheaply as possible and do it all myself ...
it wouldn't be hard at all to convert to either Series or PDS. that is if you are replacing everything anyway......in not, I would follow Scotty's advice and keep it the same (DCS).
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #30
dsiomtw
Not Yet Wild

I'd love to get rid of the manual F/R, and I even have the dash piece from a newer ezgo with the digital battery meter and the F/R toggle switch. I was planning on buying a 48v double reversing contactor which I think is all I need to get rid of the manual F/R, so I guess this will be a good time to do that as well. OK thanks guys for all the info!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO