lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
cloerch
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2009 RXV go/no go issues

I have read posts here about solenoids and auto braking issues with the 2009 rxv's, but my problem is when I turn the key on, it may or may not go to start with. sometimes after I stop to hit a shot and get back in, it won't go. if I turn the key to reverse, I am afraid it won't go. after turning the key on and off, hitting gas bunches of times, etc etc, the cart will finally go. so far, my cart has not stopped suddenly while driving it. do I have the same problem? could I have another issue? I replaced the ignition switch but problem persists. batteries are good. I am not very familiar with electric motors, but have an electrician guy helping me. I would very much appreciate any help anyone can give me. thanks in advance.
cloerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
nickskater09
Not Yet Wild

I deal with what sounds like your problem fairly frequently. The pedal assemblies in RXVs aren't made very well and tend to rust/get stuck. The spring that is meant to return the pedal loses it's strength and doesn't return the pedal fully. Next time the cart stops working, try pulling the accelerator pedal towards the seat. If this fixes the problem, I'd recommend pulling the floor up and giving the pedal assembly a good check for rust/debris. Cleaning it out may help or you might be best off replacing the assembly.
nickskater09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
cloerch
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 RXV go/no go issues

Thank you so much for the advice!!! I will go check that out right after work today and let you know.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

when u go to turn it on does it go through the self diagnosis test or does it just have a slight buzz. i have also noticed that when charger recepitcal is damaged or wet carts dont like to run
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
Barou
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I had similar problems with my '09 RXV. Dealer installed a rubber boot on brake pedal near floor. Later, he replace the charging receptacle - has been working fine ever since.
Barou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barou View Post
I had similar problems with my '09 RXV. Dealer installed a rubber boot on brake pedal near floor. Later, he replace the charging receptacle - has been working fine ever since.
If his cart is like mine then the pedal is not the problem. I took both pedals apart and inspected, adjusted and cleaned them. It is something else unless he says touching or pulling on the pedal allows the cart to move. On mine it does not matter. You cycle the key from on to off a couple times (without touching anything else) and then it moves. It's like something is wrong in the initiation start sequence for the controller. Once my cart moves and I only turn the key from F to R or N (not) off position, it will run fine all day. Forward reverse and neutral...as long as I do not turn key to off, I can drive until the batteries go dead. Even if the cart sits for hours(as long as key never goes to off position like I said).
PinballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
cloerch
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

tks guys for the advice. not sure if it is the pedal or not. since I started this post, the cart has run perfectly. maybe the new ignition did fix it. my pedal does have a boot around it at the floor. for now, I will just keep my fingers crossed until it messes up again. tks again for the help. will let all of you know if it messes up again. I just love this cart and hope that it keeps working great. it is the fastest cart on the course!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
cloerch
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Tks PinballDad, what you say sounds like what I do. I will remember next time as well to not turn it to the off position. but I do turn key back and forth and such and it will eventually go. but, like I said on the previous reply, it hasn't messed up since I posted on here. maybe I un-jinxed it!!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #9
tsharris
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Re: 2009 RXV go/no go issues

Just got my 2009 RXV back from an EZ Go dealer. It would not quickly go into gear when turning ignition to R or F, and it made a rapid beeping, chirping sound. When the dealer got the cart he pulled the accelerator toward the
seat and it immediately quit chirping and would move. He removed the
floorboard, cleaned out a lot of debris, and said that the debris was the
problem. He also drilled two holes in the bottom to allow better drainage. Cart
now runs fine and quickly engages gears.

It is apparently a design problem that allows debris to accumulate and then keep the accelerator from fully being in the off position. The controller senses something is wrong and won't allow the cart to engage the gears, making the chirping sound. The dealer suggested vigorously flushing the accelerator opening (through the slit in the rubber boot) to delay a recurrence.

By the way, a free-lance former dealer employee with an EZ Go diagnostic instrument got an error code that indicated either a new electric parking brake (~$500) or a new controller (~$1200) was needed. He was obviously not familiar with the debris problem and that the accelerator not fully disengaging would give the error code. So beware.
tsharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #10
magnmac
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickskater09 View Post
I deal with what sounds like your problem fairly frequently. The pedal assemblies in RXVs aren't made very well and tend to rust/get stuck. The spring that is meant to return the pedal loses it's strength and doesn't return the pedal fully. Next time the cart stops working, try pulling the accelerator pedal towards the seat. If this fixes the problem, I'd recommend pulling the floor up and giving the pedal assembly a good check for rust/debris. Cleaning it out may help or you might be best off replacing the assembly.
That was my issue! Just got a 2013 RXV ex-lease. Man it is filthy! Amazing how all that crud gets under the mats. Is it normal maintenance to pull the floor and clean it regularly? It says nothing of that sort in the manual. Now that I am the owner I think I will not drive it through hurricanes when I am golfing...

Or has anyone fixed a splash guard of some sort to keep the crap from getting up there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170214_190503.jpg (213.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170214_190509.jpg (222.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170214_190549.jpg (230.4 KB, 0 views)
magnmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO