lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
gwl139
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie needs mod parts advice

Hi,

I'm a Newbie to carting, and have just begun the process of dismantling my '00 Club Car DS 48v electric cart (series motor, 3-piece Graziano rear). I have some ideas in mind for mods, such as paint, lift, motor and controller, and wheels/tires. So, basically, I'm stripping and rebuilding the whole darn thing. I'd be interested in some input as far as which parts to choose for my particular needs, which are as follows:

- I will be adding a flip rear seat, so there will be some increased weight with passengers and/or cargo.

- I'm looking to do a 6" Jake's spindle lift, with either 10" or 12" wheels and 20"-22" tires.

- Cart will be used primarily for cruising around campgrounds, but will need some off-road capabilities. So I need the power and torque to handle such operation. Good speed will be a plus, but I'm not looking to install a drag chute, either.

So, some direction as far as motors (Beast, Raptor, etc.), controllers, batteries (NAPA, Interstate, Trojan, etc.), and so forth would be very helpful. Thanks!
gwl139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie needs mod parts advice

Welcome to BGW!

As for batteries, most say to go with Crown batteries and get the highest amp-hour rated ones possible. Its a bit pricey, but worth it in longevity and quality.

For the controller, solenoid, F/R switch, and cables I would recommend contacting scottyb at carts unlimited (site sponsor). If you tell him what your plans and expectations are for the cart he'll be able to tell you what you need and set you up with it.

Lift - steer away from the cheap ones. Jakes, Allsports, and Madjax seem to be really good. You'll need to upgrade to heavier rear springs - they make both medium and heavy duty ones, the medium will increase load capacity and not sacrifice so much ride, the heavy ones will make the ride super stiff but you'll probably not be able to load enough to make it squat.

Tire/wheel - I'd personally go 10 inch wheels for the sake of more sidewall and therefore a little better ride. Tire tread and overall height are ultimately up to you.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
gwl139
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie needs mod parts advice

Thanks for your input, 93YCC. I have the cart about 75% stripped at this point. The body will go to my cousin's body shop for paint, and in the meantime, I'll get the chassis acid-washed, possibly painted/coated, and work on the lift and mechanical refurb. So much to do, so little money. lol.

gwl139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car