lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #11
rlpg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 Club Car DS Won't Run

What is the minimum amount of voltage that will make the cart move?
rlpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #12
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well actually its a combination of volts and amps. A series cart (which you have) will shudder and shake a bit and creep forward slightly (maybe) when it lacks enough battery power. Since your waiting, I would check that the connections and cables and contacts on the Forward/Reverse lever are clean, not corroded and tight 'cause that will make a cart "feel" like it has a power problem when it really doesn't.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #13
rlpg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks-Will the solenoid still click if there is a bad contact or connection on the FNR switch?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #14
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yep - solenoids don't make much of a power demand on the system - unlike the motor & controller which take a lot more reserve power to be "happy".
Old 02-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #15
rlpg
Not Yet Wild

I pulled all of the batteries to clean up the battery box from the previous owner overfilling the batteries. At that time I checked the FNR connections and I think one was a little lose. I changed connectors and plugged it back in for a few hours. It was down to 5 amps on my charger so I decided to see if it would move. IT DID! I took it down the street with the lights on and got up to 16 mph and then brought back in to charge it up again (probably overnight).
The question I have is, will it start to build it's charge if I do this on a daily basis (quick 1/2 mile down the street and then let it charge overnight)?
Thanks again for your help!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:10 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can hope but history is against complete success.... which means you will get some use... how long it will run on a charge depends upon the batteries' health. Your next big hurdle is to see if the charger will auto shut off meaning the pack came up to full charge voltage.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:40 PM   #17
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Congratulations you bought a working cart. You can try revival exercises (it can't hurt). There's lots of info on this site on using a DVM to monitor each battery while driving. Odds are not real high that they will all recover though
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car