lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
criegg
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lights/Radio Wiring Question

So my speaker dash, head unit, speakers, headlights and a load of other goodies come in tomorrow so I started to prewire the electrical side so it'll pretty much be plug and play.. I think i've got everything ready, hopefully ya'll can confirm that for me..

I will be running a separate 12v in the bag bay(picked up a deep cycle marine from sams for 80$).. I will be installing a switch panel tomorrow and it was kind of throwing me off.. Hopefully i've done everything right.. Here are some pics

Here is the shot of the spot where the radio and 1 speaker will be installed..I've ran the negative wire straight to the bag bay where the battery will be.. I've ran both the positive and accessory/remote wire under the seat where the switch panel will be installed.. I've then ran another positive wire to the bag bay from under the seat. Which will attach to the switch panel as well

This is a shot of where the headlights/tailights wires were ran.. I ran the negative wire directly to the bag bay and then spliced a positive to go to the switch panel and ran a positive from the switch panel back to the bag bay where the battery will be

I think i've done everything right.. The accessory wire can be spliced together with the positive at the switch panel correct? I guess that's my real question lol..

Also, used the hammer/pull up method on the steering wheel.. Worked like a charm.. (Used a little pb blaster before hand just in case)
criegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
criegg
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lights/Radio Wiring Question

Oh, and I also forgot to add I have 2 in line mini blade fuses (20 amps) for the radio and head/tail lights which I will be adding tomorrow with the switch panel..
Old 03-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

You'll need 2 power wires, one that you'll get from your switch panel which is serving as your key on power, and one that will come directly from the battery which will serve as memory power (saved station presets/audio control settings and clock).
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:17 PM   #4
criegg
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCC View Post
You'll need 2 power wires, one that you'll get from your switch panel which is serving as your key on power, and one that will come directly from the battery which will serve as memory power (saved station presets/audio control settings and clock).
Correct, I've done that(I think).. I just wanted to make sure.. I've got 1 power/positive from the radio to the switch panel and then a power/positive from the switch panel to the battery.. Great, thanks killer!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #5
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

No. You will need 1 more positive wire that runs from the stereo directly to the battery. Its a constant power thats has very low draw on the battery while the stereo is off.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Stereo requires 2 power wires. There will be a yellow and red wire on the stereo.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #7
criegg
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
No. You will need 1 more positive wire that runs from the stereo directly to the battery. Its a constant power thats has very low draw on the battery while the stereo is off.
See, that's where i'm confused... Am I splicing the the power wire on the harness at the stereo? 1 for switch panel and 1 to battery?
Old 03-30-2014, 09:37 PM   #8
criegg
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Stereo requires 2 power wires. There will be a yellow and red wire on the stereo.
Ahhhhh Ok... Got it now.. 1 will go to battery, 1 will go to switch panel.. There is also an accessory at that point?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:18 AM   #9
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Your switch panel + wire is so you can turn the stereo on/off so it doesnt stay lit up while you are NOT driving it. This is taking the place of a key start+ which you csnt use on your cart cuz it would get a full 48V. The battery+ is so you dont lose stuff like your preset stations, bass/treble settings and clock setting.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:34 AM   #10
criegg
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think I got it now.. What I did was run the positive wire to the switch and from the switch ran a positive to the battery.. What I need to do is splice those 2 to make 1 connection to the battery.. Then the switch/ignition wire runs straight to the switch.. Bingo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car