lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #21
greg-g
Gone Wild

Default Re: New batteries and speed magnet only gets me 16mph

Just a FYI thought I read about this problem once before, this info is from the site sponsor Speedy Link

Please Note: The Speedy Link is for "IQ" carts only ("Q" in the serial #). It will not work on the newer excel i2 carts ("H" in the serial #) We are working on a Speedy Link Plus for those. 2008 and newer carts do not always respond as well with the Speedy Link, only 1-2 mph increase in some cases.
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #22
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

This doesn't have anything to do with speedy link..
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #23
greg-g
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
This doesn't have anything to do with speedy link..
You are kidding right!!

same idea ! same outcome ! just done a different way, they are still cutting the pulses in half and it did not working on 08 and newer IQ. So just maybe they were starting to work on the Excel programming prior to Excel and were making changes in 08.

now you were kidding right
Old 04-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #24
Caspero
Getting Wild
Club Car

Tahoe dawg I put 8 6volt batteries in the cart they are interstate GC2200. After the cart only went 8mph. I did the speed sensor test and found the cart would not brake and intermittently the alarm would sound. So I removed the sensor from the motor to check things out and I was planing on replacing the sensor based on the test results when I noticed the magnet that was on the motor had a crack in it. So I decided to replace both sensor and magnet. Before all of this the cart was sitting outside and 1 of the 12 volt batteries froze and cracked that's why I replaced them. I just bought the cart before the winter so I'm not sure what's been done or not done to it. For all I know the magnet that I took out originally could be a high speed one. FYI that was me emailing you today. Thanks for the fast replies.
Caspero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #25
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

A controller may be in your future. If while outside water got near the connector and then you put power to it chances are its toast. If the IQ controllers look at water they crap out
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #26
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspero View Post
Tahoe dawg I put 8 6volt batteries in the cart they are interstate GC2200. After the cart only went 8mph. I did the speed sensor test and found the cart would not brake and intermittently the alarm would sound. So I removed the sensor from the motor to check things out and I was planing on replacing the sensor based on the test results when I noticed the magnet that was on the motor had a crack in it. So I decided to replace both sensor and magnet. Before all of this the cart was sitting outside and 1 of the 12 volt batteries froze and cracked that's why I replaced them. I just bought the cart before the winter so I'm not sure what's been done or not done to it. For all I know the magnet that I took out originally could be a high speed one. FYI that was me emailing you today. Thanks for the fast replies.
The batteries shouldn't be a problem. 48 volts is 48 volts.... I didn't realize it at first but after a while I realized it was you I was talking to. I didn't mention it on here. I like to keep business and personal stuff separated. I use this forum for personal pleasure and don't sell on here. The magnet isn't the problem though I can assure you of it. I've got an IQ scanner I can let you borrow if you're interested and maybe we can figure this thing out... Send me a PM if you're interested.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #27
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
Just a FYI thought I read about this problem once before, this info is from the site sponsor Speedy Link

Please Note: The Speedy Link is for "IQ" carts only ("Q" in the serial #). It will not work on the newer excel i2 carts ("H" in the serial #) We are working on a Speedy Link Plus for those. 2008 and newer carts do not always respond as well with the Speedy Link, only 1-2 mph increase in some cases.
This is most likely a poor choice of wording. The 2008 and newer IQ carts have motors and controllers that are identical in every way to the models prior to them. I see no reason at all why it would matter. I've used high speed magnets on 2010s and had the same results as 2002s
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #28
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Reading this thread, I would like to make a guess as to what the problem is. Based on the information given by David and others I am guessing the cart is set to speed code one. I hope I am not muddying the waters with this post. Just interested in the outcome. Thanks for bearing with me.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #29
greg-g
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
This is most likely a poor choice of wording. The 2008 and newer IQ carts have motors and controllers that are identical in every way to the models prior to them. I see no reason at all why it would matter. I've used high speed magnets on 2010s and had the same results as 2002s
What I posted was a quote of his site showing that someone else has had problems with the same years of carts. He must have sold hundreds of these units and must of had problems with a number of 08 units to post that caution on his website.
this was just information to show a correlation with certain years of carts.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #30
Caspero
Getting Wild
Club Car

Hey Tahoedawg I tried to pm you but you message folder is full.
Caspero is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car