lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2021, 05:22 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 92 DS help restore

OK. That is a controller cart. Look above and behind the solenoid and see if you see the controller.

Your diagram and parts will be for 93-94.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2021, 08:15 AM   #12
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

start at the micro switches on the f n r switch. with negative from volt meter connected to main negative of the battery pack. test for power at each one in forward and reverse with gas pedal depressed, if you get no power there switch the positive lead of the volt meter hook it up to the positive and use the negative lead to recheck the micro switches on the f n r switch. if you now get readings then you have a bad ignition switch there is also a micro switch inside the v glide that should be checked if the reverse buzzer works its a good thing but has no value in testing for bad ignition switch
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:38 PM   #13
kauai808
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCurt View Post
start at the micro switches on the f n r switch. with negative from volt meter connected to main negative of the battery pack. test for power at each one in forward and reverse with gas pedal depressed, if you get no power there switch the positive lead of the volt meter hook it up to the positive and use the negative lead to recheck the micro switches on the f n r switch. if you now get readings then you have a bad ignition switch there is also a micro switch inside the v glide that should be checked if the reverse buzzer works its a good thing but has no value in testing for bad ignition switch
Thanks! I will start there.
kauai808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:53 AM   #14
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

What are your long term goals?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:59 PM   #15
kauai808
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
What are your long term goals?
Well it’s actually a friends cart and I think they just want something to cruz the community with.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:57 PM   #16
kauai808
Not Yet Wild

Ok guys, it’s been running great but then I think the terminal connection was loose and it melted. Got a new batter and wires. Charged it up and it ran good for awhile. Now it only goes in reverse and forward doesn’t move much. Like it’s dead. Any suggestions? Thanks. I’m holding it for a friend and I just wanna fix it and be done with it. Haha.
Old 05-26-2021, 06:54 AM   #17
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

get yourself a voltmeter, two screws on the sides under a plastic cap hold the center dash in, loosen the two screws and the dash will pry out from the top, set your meter for volts and clip the negative to the last battery negative side, it should be on the drivers side and start by testing the ignition switch. one side should have pack voltage and the other shoul have pack voltage when the key is turned on. if good move to the next area which will be the black pie shaped box under driver,s butt. thats called a v glide, red and blue wires coming from it find where they go and test both sides with key turned on one should be pack volts and when gas is pressed other side should be pack volts, if good move to the micro switches on the f and r switch under the center of the front of seat checking for pack volts as you move the f n r switch looking for continuity if all of those check out then the solinoid is next, under frame behind passengers butt if it is clicking means the micro switches and the ignition key s working after that above the solinoid kinda hidden by the body should be a box about 7 inches by 3 inches by4 inches that is the speed controller if it is blue and white then it is an alltrax ( not rebuildable ) anyway try that and let us know where you get, good luck!
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:17 PM   #18
bearfan99@sbcglobal.net
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Following your post, I have the same cart. The "box" is your controller, probably Curtis 1204. I have power issues as well...
bearfan99@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car