lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2020, 02:38 PM   #21
wirenut4hire
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Have you upgraded a Caroche?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerphoto View Post
I have three for sale, eastern NC
Do you still have these?
wirenut4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2021, 01:14 AM   #22
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=173192
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:32 PM   #23
MMac17
Not Yet Wild

Hey Sharkbot- I’m running into similar challenges on getting good intel on a 1980 caroche I just picked up. Focusing on replacing the wiring and other basics now but am definitely planning on upgrading shortly after. Frame is in great shape- previous owner garaged it and it basically sat for 15 yrs, so structurally sound and new batteries are already in.

Where did you find was the best source for compatible parts/upgrades? Likely starting with lift and new/bigger wheels. I initially wanted to change the body to build out a mini-hummer but this thing is a classic so I may just refinish/paint and flaunt its history!
MMac17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:10 PM   #24
sharkbot
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hello @MMac17 after about 10 years I am now selling my Caroche. She has been a good cart and I modified the heck out of it to handle the hills I have (700 AMP controller, 48volt, 2 AWG wiring, high torque motor, and more). I had to dig to find compatible parts, but I primarily just bought what I thought was good and made it work. One thing to be aware of on the Caroche, the frame is made from some kind of aluminum alloy that I have not figured out how to weld. The frames should always be in good shape because they do not rust, but it is really difficult to modify the frames. Also, the other thing that makes these carts awesome is when you can get the slop out of the steering. They take a little adjustment but you have to play around with tightening the the large bolt on the steering mechanism under the front fiberglass. Enjoy your Caroche!
sharkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:27 PM   #25
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

mine is a 94 chassis with v glide running 5 batteries to make 44 volts and an 8 volt ready for the supercharge but i havent had the time yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I know I want to convert one to modern technology bad. Just waiting on the opportunity.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:34 PM   #26
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

mine is a 94 chassis with v glide running 5 batteries to make 44 volts and an 8 volt ready for the supercharge but i havent had the time yet, it cruises at 25 - 27 mph and if I hit the turbo 31 to 32 mph super charge will add about 4 mph and can be used from a dead stop turbo cannot be hit untill your going full speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I know I want to convert one to modern technology bad. Just waiting on the opportunity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2521.jpg (152.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2941.jpg (127.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-25-2021, 04:41 PM   #27
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

biggest upgrade to the stock caroche would be installing club car d s front suspension to get rid of the slop from the steering box and it is almost a direct bolt in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2224.jpg (189.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-26-2021, 04:48 PM   #28
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes I have updated a Caroche.
This is a pretty long thread, but pretty much covers every step of my build.
Check it out:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=129802
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroche, club car electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car