lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
jeffalbert
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Converstion to a Limo

Thoughts, ideas, do's, don'ts.....thinking I want to convert my g2 to a limo. Not a fan of the rear facing seats...but is it really worth it?

If so, where do I start? What do I need?

Thanks
jeffalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
dirtdustand4x4
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Conversion to a Limo

I think the best conversions are done by blending two carts together. That gives you two matching seats and floor boards that don't have to be fabricated. You could even get an old electric cart that has junk running gear for this. The key then is matching up the frames and strengthening them so they are structurally sound.

The next battle will be extending the control cables.
dirtdustand4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
jeffalbert
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Converstion to a Limo

Any suggestions on the cable extensions?
jeffalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Converstion to a Limo

Yamaha's with there round steel frames are fairly easy to "stretch", some larger "OD" steel tubing extentions,some 1" x 1" square tubing for some structual support for the floor boards, cut,splice weld is all you need. You will need some thin steel sheet metal cut for the passanger floor board area. The costs come with the "mid seat" arangement. All f/r, choke and accelerator cables are available. A brake cable adjustment "extention rod" is all you need for that. If you have any more questions, just ask. Remember, the more "stretch", the BIGGER the turning radius becomes.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha