lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
Expat
Not Yet Wild

Default Carburetor Main Nozzle

Gas Pros,

The Cart is a Gas, EZ-GO, TXT with Lights, year 2000.

I’m missing the main nozzle for the carburetor. When I unscrewed the main jet from the carb body it was screwed way deep down in the shaft and there wasn’t a main nozzle (72576-G01) behind it. I’m trying to locate one now but while I wait I’m curious to know what effect this has on the power curve of the motor. The cart has no low-end torque when driving it and won’t go up a hill from a complete stop. Once you get it going it has lots of top end speed even without adjusting the governor. I have it up on jacks. Removed the brake hubs to make sure that they aren’t stripped. The main clutch engages (pushes in towards the motor) under throttle and the driven clutch opens up at the same time. On deceleration the driven closes back up and the main pulls back away from the motor. When I accelerate the motor while in gear and on blocks with the brake hub splines visible I can see that they are slow to move at first but once they get going they spin fast. This is consistent with the no low-end torque but plenty of top-end. What concerns me is that when I’m accelerating the motor in this fashion I can see that the inner portion of the driven (or the spindle on the Dana Transmission) spins fast immediately upon throttle. Just as fast as the motor is but the brake hub splines are slow to get going. I have the Dana tranny manual but it’s not clear to me how the weighted actuator is working. Maybe I need another thread on the governor, actuator, Dana Trans.

Additional info on the main nozzle

https://shop.ezgo.com/products/Main-...or-Nozzle.html
(new EZ-GO PN?) 26837-G01 MAIN NOZZLE
“Allows the carburetor to receive the necessary fuel supplied for the normal operation of the vehicle's engine".

Thanks for any help
Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
Expat
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Carburetor Main Nozzle

Interesting find on this. The main nozzle is only shown in the illustrated parts break down for fleet models dated 2002 and gas utility 2000. Its not shown in fleet 2006 repair manual.

There's no markings on this carb so I can't tell if its off a newer model.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

might sound over-simplified, but when You checked the hubs (not stripped) did You also check the driven clutch and input shaft to see if they were OK?
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
Expat
Not Yet Wild

Yes pulled it off and checked the input shaft and the part of the driven that has spline teeth. Cleaned it up and regreased both. The bolt was loose on it but with good teeth they lock
Old 12-21-2014, 03:31 AM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

This is just a thought..... How about checking the throttle and governor adjustments.

Read this:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html
and this:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...ntainance.html

If the driven and rear end are working correctly, then I can't think of anything else that would cause what you describe other that the cables not being adjusted right.

Does the engine start and increase rpms smoothly?

From your post it appears that both clutches are working right.

How about the width of the belt? Should be 1 3/16". If its much less than that then the sheaves of the clutch cannot "grab" the sides of the belt and won't transfer the power to the rear. A new belt, until it's broken in will jerk your teeth out when it engages.

Again, I may be way off on all of that but it sounds like whatever is going on, like Brew said.....its simple.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:53 AM   #6
Expat
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the links. First time seeng the cable adjustment post. I'm going to try readjusting it.

Yes the engine starts right up and increases in rpm smoothly without any hesitation.

I'll look at the belt as well.

Thanks again!
Old 12-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #7
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

No problem... Keep us posted
Old 12-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #8
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat View Post
Gas Pros,
The main clutch engages (pushes in towards the motor) under throttle and the driven clutch opens up at the same time. On deceleration the driven closes back up and the main pulls back away from the motor. When I accelerate the motor while in gear and on blocks with the brake hub splines visible I can see that they are slow to move at first but once they get going they spin fast. This is consistent with the no low-end torque but plenty of top-end. What concerns me is that when I’m accelerating the motor in this fashion I can see that the inner portion of the driven (or the spindle on the Dana Transmission) spins fast immediately upon throttle. Just as fast as the motor is but the brake hub splines are slow to get going. I have the Dana tranny manual but it’s not clear to me how the weighted actuator is working

Thanks for any help
The brake hub splines slow to get going is because of the belt being at the outer most edge of the driven clutch...... Think ten speed bike in low gear. As the belt is drawn deeper in between the driven sheaves, because the drive clutch is closing and forcing the belt towards its outer radius, the splines will speed up, because the ratio has changed. I bet your belt is slipping. Notwithstanding throttle /governor adjustment
Old 12-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #9
Expat
Not Yet Wild

I don't think the belt is slipping. After cranking the governor all the way in ( the only way to get some power out of it) its super jerky. Super sensitive pedal that also closes the carb as soon as you let off. It makes driving it annoying.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:56 PM   #10
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I would double check those cable adjustments.

Tags
carb, main jet, main nozzle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO