lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #1
sirgknight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Cart Upgrade

I want to upgrade from my 2000 Yamaha G16 and one of my local dealers has a supply of 2013 EZGO's with the 13hp Kawasaki engine. Asking price is $3300 before any accessories. Out-the-door price is $4500 which includes a sunroof with windshield, rear view mirror, 2-in lift kit with new rims and tires, rear flip-flop seat and trailer hitch. Any opinions on this pricing would be appreciated.
sirgknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2015, 07:57 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Cart Upgrade

That's a pretty good price for the 2013 gas RXV. Take a look and see what clutches are installed. There were issues with the stock black drive clutch and they went to Team clutches front and rear. Big difference. As for the rest, surprised it didn't already have the roof and windshield but lift, wheels/tires, flip seat and a hitch are pushing $1200 not installed.. All and all seems pretty good.. Does it have lights?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:05 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Also, if they will let you drive it around a while and get it warm then see how it behaves when it tries to start. Some have issues spinning over once they get warm because IMO that starter is a bit too small. It was designed for the older Robbins twins with a smaller displacement per cylinder and could spin it no problem. The new fj400 is 1 big piston and it sometimes just ain't got enough guts to spin it. I have heard rumors there is a smaller pulley available but haven't confirmed it yet. My 09 has this issue and the starter is currently being looked at to see if we can get some more guts out of it..
Old 06-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #4
sirgknight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Head and tail lights are part of this package and the cart may already have the sun roof. I haven't put my eyes on these carts yet. My initial interest was by internet ad and phone conversation only. This dealer is 45 miles from where I live and I plan to visit him this coming week. I have virtually no technical knowledge about these carts and it will be very helpful to have your concerns answered. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and insight.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
Eric_KCCO
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just bought a cart from Fat Boyz in Conyers last week and they have some great deals. It might be worth checking into depending how far a drive it is for ya.
Eric_KCCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #6
sirgknight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_KCCO View Post
I just bought a cart from Fat Boyz in Conyers last week and they have some great deals. It might be worth checking into depending how far a drive it is for ya.
Thank you for the info. I will definitely check into them.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:33 AM   #7
sirgknight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well, I was mistaken about the year of the EZGO's. They are 2011 and they are TXT's. Not sure I know which one to be in the market for; the TXT or RXV. This local dealer says that parts are more readily available for the TXT and lift kits are more compatible for the TXT's. My local repair shop says to go with the RXV. Any comments?
Old 06-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Still not a bad price but not great.. There are tons of accessories out there for the txt line. Not so much for the RXV. I like the ride of the RXV but have heard on here by a few they can get squirrelly if lifted.. But cannot say that first hand
Old 06-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgknight View Post
Well, I was mistaken about the year of the EZGO's. They are 2011 and they are TXT's. Not sure I know which one to be in the market for; the TXT or RXV. This local dealer says that parts are more readily available for the TXT and lift kits are more compatible for the TXT's. My local repair shop says to go with the RXV. Any comments?
I just bought one of these last week from my local dealer. Low hour machine With just three seasons on it. Lots of power from the 401 CC Kawasaki.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO