lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #1
johnny reb
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default how do you know what it is plus gas prob.

i am very familiar with harleys. but today we wound up with a yamaha. g whatever. the guy who had it said his grand kids ran it out of gas and you have to pressurize the tank?? it has a oil injection tank. so what do i have to do to get this thing running? do i just put gas in it and start it or what is the trick??
johnny reb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2015, 10:28 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: how do you know what it is plus gas prob.

If it has an oil tank than its a G1 and is antique lol
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:04 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

It's also a tank!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yes you can pressurize the tank, that will blow the air through the system and get fuel to the carb. However, you need to have oil in that fuel. I would recommend not using the oil injector and premixing your fuel. The oil injectors have a tendency to run dry, fail, or get clogged with a bug or dirt. When that happens....bye bye engine.

I settled on 100:1 premix with a good quality synthetic "air cooled" 2 cycle oil. Believe me, brand matters. I used Echo brand from Home Depot. It worked great, no smoke. I also tore the engine down after a year and it looked like brand new. DO NOT use 50:1....that is way too much oil and you'll be fogging mosquitoes and filling your muffler with oil. I used 85:1 for a short time, but it ran better on 100:1.

FYI the manual says the oil injector mixes oil to a 150:1 ratio during times of high rpm, and 300:1 during slow rpm. Just sayin.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:14 AM   #5
johnny reb
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

i have never trusted oil injectors myself. i use quicksilver oil in my harleys. they are 85:1 i will plug it off and mix some and try it when i get a chance. thanks. i still am not sure where you pressurize it but i will rig something up
Old 08-26-2015, 05:28 AM   #6
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I would install a primer bulb inline where fuel line comes off of tank. There is one on mine and there are a few people on this forum that have done the same. Hope this helps !
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:21 PM   #7
johnny reb
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

got er running. i took a air tank and blower . i took the top off of the vent and pulled the air while turning the motor over. it started and it hasn't failed to start. these things run pretty well. but, im staying with harleys. its for sale. 500.00 obo in north east Alabama.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:37 PM   #8
johnny reb
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

as Colombo would say just one more thing. there is a hose sticking out from the side of the carburetor. it dosent turn down like an overflow it sticks up. i cant figure out what it does or where it goes. the pics of one on ebay has the hose on it. ?? i give what does it do?
Old 08-29-2015, 08:19 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I don't remember what the hose does.

Its common on these carts is if you run out of fuel the pulse pump cant drag it up from the bottom of the tank to prime once its dry. An old pump its even harder. If you fill the tank the fuel will be above the carb and flow through the pump it will prime itself no problem.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:23 PM   #10
johnny reb
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

thanks for the info it has a new home. so it is back to harleys. my next project is the one that started this endeavor. aka the piglet
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha