lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #11
padodgens
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 97 Txt Gas Ezgo

Pulled engine back out today and checked camshaft timing. Right on. Pulled the head and found evidence of head gasket leaking in line with the intake valves
padodgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #12
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

It sounds to me like you have an electrical issue... Pulsar,, igniter, ground issue, coil.. Hard to say, and I don't know of a way to check the igniter.. I've got enough parts that I usually swap out to troubleshoot.. Just saves time.. I will say that hearing you say that you choked it and it dies seems that it is not a fuel flow problem... Just thinking outloud, you might check the timing seeing the comp is that low on a fresh rebuild.. Might be worth a shot..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:31 PM   #13
padodgens
Getting Wild
Yamaha

All pieces of the electrical system have been replaced. Lack of air in the fuel air mixture seems to be the problem. Low compression attributed to the head gasket which indicated leakage very close to the intake valves. Timing was right on. Appreciate your input. Will be reinstalling the engine on Tuesday after the new head gasket arrives
Old 03-26-2016, 04:22 PM   #14
padodgens
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Found a problem with the gear belt pulley that goes on the camshaft. Timing hole had elongated about 1/8 inch in both directions.Luckily we had a spare because I cannot find a replacement. Have checked all major suppliers and could not even find a listing. Engine going back in and hopefully start on Monday
Old 03-27-2016, 09:06 AM   #15
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I don't understand about the timing hole elongated.. You got a picture? If your compression is 125 you should still be running even without replacing the head gasket... The only thing I can think of is that is pulling air... Let us know..
Old 03-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #16
padodgens
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I have attached a picture of the cam pulley showing the elongation.
UPDATE: the picture is removed but is available.
here.

Drove the cart for one hour with no problems. Owner on the way to pick it up. Thanks for your input
Old 03-29-2016, 08:27 PM   #17
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

From the look of that cam gear, it was obviously moving around on the cam itself which would definitely cause running issues and compression values to be off.. Looks like you whooped it... Good job and glad you found it...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO