lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
ukpaul
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Hesitation on 2 stroke

Hey guys.
After having a no spark issue it was narrowed down to the points. After getting a new set of points installed it ran well for a day. Now, it will start up fine but as you are driving along it has a hesitation / splutter type thing going on.
Just a bit of history....I have installed 2 new carburettors (i bought a 2nd new one thinking 1st one maybe bad), still the same. Has a new plug, plug wire, ignition coil, fuel filter, air filter. I'm stumped. there is just no one around here that i can get to work on it.
Any ideas ?
Thanks
ukpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2016, 07:06 PM   #2
hondarider203
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Hesitation on 2 stroke

Have you checked the plug to see how the motor is running?? Maybe need to adjust the Carb a little
hondarider203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
ukpaul
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Plug looks ok to me. Its a light brown color although it is kinda sooty around the base of the threads if you know what i mean. I had a guy adjust the last carb but it was still the same. Thats 3 carburettors and all the same problem.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:35 AM   #4
hondarider203
Gone Wild

Club Car

Soot is from to much fuel on two strokes you can also get carbon build up in the exhaust at well.. have you tried using the choke at all when I starts to spudder this will help to tell if it's Carb related or electronic??
Old 03-21-2016, 09:10 AM   #5
ukpaul
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Tried the choke. Doesn't seem to help any. What I did notice this morning, I raised rear end off ground and hit the gas. I held it at a steady Rev and after a few seconds fuel started to come out of vent tube. To me that screams float level or needle and seat. Correct me if I'm wrong. Took bowl off carb and float seems to be at a decent level. I also blew threw gas inlet and air enter through needle and seat and when I raised float it stopped. Surely this wouldn't be my initial problem on all 3 carbs that I've had on ?
Just a thought !
Old 03-21-2016, 09:26 AM   #6
hondarider203
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well it most definitely sounds to me like to much gas and if it's coming out of the over flow would be a good sign to say so try adjusting the float level some and see if it helps. And it is possible that your other carbs could have been tweaked some in shipment. Are the new carbs OEM replacements?? If they are aftrrmarket there is always a chance that the jets may not be just what you need
Old 03-21-2016, 09:33 AM   #7
ukpaul
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok. I'll try the float level. No, they are not genuine replacements. I guess the original one could have been that was on the cart but the last two were off ebay.
Thanks for all the input.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #8
hondarider203
Gone Wild

Club Car

Let use know what happens
Old 03-21-2016, 10:02 AM   #9
ukpaul
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Will do. Thanks. Just one thing. Could it possibly be anything to do with fuel pump ?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #10
hondarider203
Gone Wild

Club Car

It could be the over flow on the fuel pump is plugged and not allowing excess gas out try taking each line of and blow them out with and air hose but I would also try to tweak the float some as well
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO