lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #1
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Default Confused FNG

Hi, I am new to the golf cart world. So if this is a stupid question I apologize. I got a 2013 yamaha 48volt cart for a song, and I don't know what I have. I keep reading G this and G that but I don't know what it means. I brought my cart to a local place , that "turned" it up as fast as the computer would allow, but it's not enough for me. I keep reading about speed controllers, but I don't know what would work for me. I just want it to do around 20-25 without a lift. Any help is appreciated.

I have always said I would rather answer a stupid question than fix a stupid mistake, so I hope I came to the right place.
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #2
YamahaCRN35
Gone Wild

Default Re: Confused FNG

It's a g29 or also called the "drive"
What kind of terrain will you be using it on. If it's just to run around flat paved roads, I would just put high speed gears in it and be done with it.
Alltrax xct controllers are nice, everyone else on here will tell you that you have to put a bigger motor on it too though.
Your outside diameter tire size plays a big factor in speed as well
YamahaCRN35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #3
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Pretty much roads and some light off road. Nothing to serious. If i do the gears, will I loose a lot of torque
Old 04-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You will lose a ton of torque if you go with high speed gears.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I say you Can run the stock motor with a upgraded controller (if you buy a huge controller, dial it back to 400a with stock motor), the problem is it will not do 25mph, more like 22-23mph. A upgraded controller will be a big boost in torque (acceleration feel). A set of high speed gears will get 25mph, in perfect flat hard terrain, with 2 "not-fat-guy" people no more, performance will feel lame on even slight inclines. Around here (some hills), HS gears means no 4 seat kit, and expect speeds to slow alot on any inclines. Also, around here, stock controller life is reduced with HS gears. Some people hay have better experience with HS gears on stock Moric controllers, but we had so much trouble, i was building my own setup that forced a 0-5v throttle to work with DCX (not native compatible, and i wont do it anymore, anyone who asks how will get XCT as the answer).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:12 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My advice would be to invest in a better controller (Alltrax) rather than in high speed gears. Second investment would be an upgraded motor. Those things will get you speed without sacrificing torque. I have high speed gears in my Yamaha and I sort of wish I didn't.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #7
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Are the controllers tough to install? I watched a video on line and it looked complicated to even program.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:06 PM   #8
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Also are there any vendors that are a "one stop shop" when it comes to the controller. I want to buy it install it, and have somebody answer any stupid questions I might have.

I don't want to loose any torque. I plan on using this do my family of 4
Old 04-12-2016, 09:33 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

ScottyB at Www.cartsunlimited.net is the vendor you are looking for. The controller swap is pretty easy, just be sure you keep track of the wires when you disconnect from the old controller (there is not that many).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha